FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ineptness of the ATF has no bounds. I just called the jail where my sparrow is being held and they informed me that my stamp still hasn't been received. The stamp was originally approved and sent Dec 2014 and quickly "lost in the mail". The shop requested a new stamp be sent in February and again at the begining of this month. I orginally filed in April of 2014.

For shame. Why do we pay these people again?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Damn, Kam! That really transcends frustrating and goes right into ridiculous. Someday, man...someday.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would call them for yourself and verify that the address for your dealer was correct on the Form and see if they have anymore information. Not saying your dealer didn't do his/her job, I just a person that likes to know for myself.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Wow.

Hope you get this resolved soon.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I thought that you could request a certified copy of your form 4 - 30 days after your approval if you didn't receive it? This would get your can in you hands.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will pursue both avenues. I am still in Kuwait so I won't even be around to pick it up for 6 months. I am still keeping on top of it because I don't want to assume anything. Especially after arriving back home last February thinking (i was told it had been approved) thinking I could pick it up and being denied.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
The stamp was originally approved and sent Dec 2014 and quickly "lost in the mail". The shop requested a new stamp be sent in February and again at the beginning of this month. I originally filed in April of 2014.
They should have had a duplicate stamp within 2 weeks. We have only had one case where we had to request an approval more than once. The shop should have send over a dozen requests at this point if they haven't received the stamp. Every two weeks they should be requesting one.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got word that the replacement arrived. Not that I can do anything about it at the moment but at least it will be there for me when I get back.

·
Vendor
1,803 Posts
They are slowing it down BECAUSE you are in Kuwait. Just checking to see if you have been radicalized while you are over there.

Really. I read about it. Perfectly normal nice young man sets foot in a Muslim country, and they secretly become radicalized for no reason. It could happen.

The only protection is to drink lots of alcohol while you are there, because you are not allowed to go to a mosque if you have been drinking. And wear a condom.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm about to fill out my form for my can....hope I don't have the same issues!!! Glad you finally got it Kam!!

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are slowing it down BECAUSE you are in Kuwait. Just checking to see if you have been radicalized while you are over there.

Really. I read about it. Perfectly normal nice young man sets foot in a Muslim country, and they secretly become radicalized for no reason. It could happen.

The only protection is to drink lots of alcohol while you are there, because you are not allowed to go to a mosque if you have been drinking. And wear a condom.
I rub a healthy amount of bacon grease under my arms like deodorant before leaving the house. Not only does it keep the radicals away, it also keeps my skin looking young.

There is a few other tricks I have up my sleeve but I wouldn't want to compromise OPSEC so my lips are sealed. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm about to fill out my form for my can....hope I don't have the same issues!!! Glad you finally got it Kam!!
Hopefully it won't happen to you too. My dad filed for his saker the same time I applied for my sparrow. He's still waiting.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
ive been waiting on a can approval since march......the approval times have really slowed

btw how do you control your appetite smelling like bacon lol

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dont. Oberto makes bacon jerky. I carry it around with me. Have to carry extra so I can throw it at the shifty looking ones when they get too close.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Good to hear they finally fixed that.

I rub a healthy amount of bacon grease under my arms like deodorant before leaving the house. Not only does it keep the radicals away, it also keeps my skin looking young.

There is a few other tricks I have up my sleeve but I wouldn't want to compromise OPSEC so my lips are sealed. :biggrin:
I bet it's by eating bacon... Protects you from the inside out as well. :?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts