FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts
It's still on paper. I bet they are still trying to figure out how to actually build it to get 100 mpg. At least they are thinking about it. Time to wait and see what happends. :eek:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is another site about this car that took it for a test drive and got 94mpg in their test. As i see it the one big setback it the car only weights around 700lbs! Thats like driving around in a beer can. Anyways the top speed is 106mph. 0 to 60 is like 14 sec.

I think it would sell like hotcakes if they got it on the market. Maybe GM should build their own.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
God i thought it would be good to get 38 mpg

·
Registered
408 Posts
hahaha... a 700 lb car!!!

Gives all new meaning to when someone tells you to "Go fly a kite!"

With the cross section of that car @60mph, the first 20mph gust of wind would turn you into a Sh!7 sandwich and they'd be scraping you up with spatulas until next Easter. That'd be a city street driver only, I'd imagine. Which still leaves the problem of interstate travel to worry about, unless of course they make mass transit nation wide.

You wouldn't catch me in one of those cars for safety reasons.

Zhur

·
Registered
735 Posts
That's 700kg, not pounds. 700kg is approximately 1500lbs. That's still quite light, though.

I'd be interested to see how it performs (efficiency and power) with typical loads... i.e. up to four adults, a load of groceries, etc.

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts
Once the government safety regulations are put into this car it will probably get 50mpg. Which is still great!! I hope it gets produced. It will be a great city car. :?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
This is going to be one of those cars the high school football players pickup and put in the middle of the school commons area or up on the steps, or sideways jammed in it's parking spot. :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
My Z28 Camaro: 18mpg City / 26mpg highway, 0-60 in 5.3 sec., top speed right at 150mph. I believe I will put up with high gas prices just a lttle while longer. :?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Fun car.

I wanted to put an LS1 and 4l60e out of a '98+ F Body into my '79 Malibu, but I sort of got burned out on turning wrenchs and put the car up for sale.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I am liking my cars mpg. i just filled up today for 4.23 a gal but im getting 40mpg and 0-60 in 6sec.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I have things done to mine mind you not much but accd to car and driver it was 6.3 and honda claims 6 sec

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well I guess you'd know better than me... I've never been a fan of them. My information comes from a friend from school who's a Honda tech at a dealer. He's got an '06 si, and I think he's burned the stats into my head like a soldering iron onto Spam. He says Honda claims 0-60 in 6.7 seconds.

I'm not trying to put the cars down, Lord knows I've had slower cars. That Malibu when I first got it would do 0-60 in a weekend. Quarter mile time: eventually.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
its not the faster car i have owned....I still have my 06 wrx sti and i also had a 96 cam. that was built. I ll have a turbo on it by the end of the month. I got the si b/c of gas mileage and decent performance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My truck can pass everything BUT a gas station :(

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Lol, yea my buddy has a jeep with 44's ect and gets 8mpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts