FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted about making a 100-rnd mag, did that ever happen? Could someone point me to the other thread?

FM

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Critical Dimensions is doing that - there was a post this week - he basically stated that he is waiting on some injection mold equipment in order to finish it. Soon, though...

·
Registered
426 Posts
The 100 round magazine is moving forward, don't expect release until Feb-March 2008 at the earliest. We are currently building polymer injection molds for the major components. This is a time consuming and very expensive process.

·
Registered
356 Posts
CriticalDimensions said:
The 100 round magazine is moving forward, don't expect release until Feb-March 2008 at the earliest. ... The 100 round mags will be released here on the FNforum.net first. Several unsuspecting members will be the first to receive the mags and at no cost.
This is really cool of CritDime to do! And heck, Feb-March of next year might just put me back in the States on leave! Can't wait to see the finished product!

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Yeah, what is the deal with this? I recall seeing discussion about this coming out a long time ago.

What is the projected timing of it?

Seems like a lot of time and no progress.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
ick said:
Yeah, what is the deal with this? I recall seeing discussion about this coming out a long time ago.

He posted the time line and the reason of the deal in the 3rd message from the top on this page...

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Ick wrote: Yeah, what is the deal with this? I recall seeing discussion about this coming out a long time ago.

If you would care to read a couple of post above yours, you would be inclined to read:

"The 100 round magazine is moving forward, don't expect release until Feb-March 2008 at the earliest."

-TH

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Thermallator said:
Ick wrote: Yeah, what is the deal with this? I recall seeing discussion about this coming out a long time ago.

If you would care to read a couple of post above yours, you would be inclined to read:

"The 100 round magazine is moving forward, don't expect release until Feb-March 2008 at the earliest."

-TH
Yeah, already read shipwreck's post and realized I am a dumbass.

My apologies.

You don't need to tell me twice. Mission accomplished by shipwreck there buddy. No need to brow-beat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome... 100 rounds... and here I thought 50 was good!

wow... 100 rounds... im grinning ear to ear just thinking of it... oh.. oh my.... I just got wood..... wheres the nearist bathroom.... :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
any word on what kind of $$$$ these will command and has anyone seen any pic of what it might look like

·
Registered
426 Posts
The first release will be a $79 each limited group buy here on FNForum. Limit will be 2 per customer. After that, all marketing will be thru an agreement we have established with a distributor, who will control all advertising and sales. Retail is going to be around $125. We're in the final stages, just finishing up a newly designed tactical magazine latch that is going to be provided with the mags to prevent failures that we encountered after some long term use related to the extra weight of the mag and a hidden weakness found in the design of the stock/mag latch assembly. The Tactical Mag Latch greatly improves mag change of the factory 50 rounders too, makes for fast one handed use and it will be offered seperately as it has greater applications.
We're trying to coordinate the mag release with advertising and a write-up, so actual time-line will be dependent upon those publications.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When? When?

<jumps>

FM

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.