FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The morning began with a game of hide-and-seek among three 12-year-old girls in the park. But a far more sinister plan — inspired by an online horror meme — was in the works, Wisconsin prosecutors say.
As the middle-school friends played in a wooded area Saturday morning in the Milwaukee suburb of Waukesha, one of them retrieved a five-inch blade tucked inside her waistband, according to a criminal complaint. She and another girl allegedly held the third one down and stabbed her 19 times all over her body. "

Wisconsin stabbing

I'm waiting for the liberals to start attacking this "online horror website" and demand that it be taken down, as it is OBVIOUSLY the cause of this horrible stabbing....

Still waiting for the liberal outcry.....

Browsing through GunBroker while still waiting for the liberals to propose legislation against these types of websites...... and knives.....

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
I gotta wonder if this type of thing has always been going on, but you just never heard about it until the internet.

I mean, stabbings in the bad part of town happen all the time, and never make news. Parents abuse, even kill kids, and it never makes the news, at least not the national news. Unless it is multiple kids. But drunk mothers who beat their kids just goes unnoticed. This one is different because it involved kids, and a whacko plot, but I can't believe it is that rare.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I saw this on the news yesterday, and the language used placed the blame squarely on this particular Internet meme. Is it some kind of human instinct to place blame with non-sentient things?

This is starting to be more than a little annoying. I would wager that most of us had watched horror movies, told ghost stories around a camp fire, or played some form of computer games at 12. Yet, clearly we know right from wrong and feel empathy.

This was a couple of psychopathic kids (they mentioned how they did not feel empathy during the act.) These children are to blame, and because of their young age, their parents are to blame as well.

Were they on drugs for ADD or depression?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Its the lib media metality. Assign blame to whatever garners the most pageviews and TV coverage.

It's much easier than reporting real news.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Other than not properly monitoring their internet use, I think it may be a little too soon to put too much blame on the parents. Even the best upbringing may not stop a sociopath from acting on their impulses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts