Premium Member
4,479 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Texas Armadillo said:
congrats

Time for another Karma?

:D TA
Sure - You are offering up your Sig Pro, right? :shock: :lol:
I may have to sell it to pay for the new Rock River lower I picked up last night. I think I need 2 more AR still :wink: An M4 by Stag with a C-More sight, and a DPMS Panther long gun... I have to sell several pistols :cry:

PWA with Aimpoint CompM2X2 2MOA Scope and ARMS40L BUIS.

Bushmaster with EOTech 512 sight and ARMS40L BUIS.

Rock River with ACOG scope.

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of these days I wanna see that C-More sight U bought already - I've never seen one in person.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
The C-More is my brothers. It's on his AR, I just got to shoot with it. I did pass on the info from the members here that he can buy another diode to reduce the dot size to 2MOA. He is going to do that, then I want to try it out again.

All the sight and scopes I have are in my Black Rifle thread.

TA

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Cool Beans!!

TA

·
Registered
44 Posts
You should delete all the auto-registered spam bots so we can see how many are actually active lurkers! That would be fun.

I run a phpBB forum as well (music-related), and there are websites where spammers can go and register, and then they are automatically registered on more the 20,000 phpBB forums. They usually don't follow through and post on all of them, but I'd say that I have ten spam-bot registrations for every legitimate user. I delete them just to keep the site clean and accurate.

Shipwreck, if you don't have some of the major anti-spam mods installed, I can point you in the right direction. There are certain IP ranges you can ban that will get rid of most of your spam registrations, too. phpBB.com is a great resource if you're not using it already.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, right now, I have the membership set to where I must approve them 1 by 1 - so, I stop the spammer bot before they can start. But it is a pain in the butt to have to do this 1 by 1 all day long.

Sure, please let me know where to get those things.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a great way to catch them before they start spamming, although, as you said, it requires a certain amount of your time. I noticed you don't delete them, though. You might want to so that people who browse the member list (to find buddies, or whatever) won't have to sort through so many fake members.

Another way to prevent spam registrations (so that you, as the Admin, don't even have to see them!) is to install a mod where the website and signature fields are not visible until after the registration process is complete. Any spam-bots sending registration forms with that information are banned (based on IP) and deleted automatically. This is a really nice feature, and it cut down on my admin time dramatically.

You can see a LOT more info on dealing with spam in phpBB HERE.

When your forum eventually gets up past 50,000 posts or so, you'll notice a huge increase in spam-bot registrations. They suck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts