FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if they feed 2 3/4 and 3'' alternated in the mag? I also wonder what that bad boy weight is. With 16 rounds, and 16" barrel, I bet it goes at least 12 lbs.

But your right, its a interesting concept.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My only shotgun is a benelli nova, and I've really been considering the Saiga 12 tromix conversion, but everyone always talks about how heavy, clunky, and uncomfortable they are.

If this is under $1200, I'll surely be picking one up.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I thought it was super cool until I realized that you would have to turn the mag before firing the last round out of that tube. For the short version that has 2 rounds per tube you would have to rotate every other shot. And for the long version you would have to count your shots and plan ahead, or else you will be firing on an empty chamber.
The concept doesn't have mush appeal to me. Now if they could get it to auto rotate, or at least have bolt hold open after the last shot out of a given tube (then auto bolt close after rotation), I would be more enthusiastic.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Promoted Pawn, Yea I know what you mean, in the heat of things, it would be my luck that I would turn the magazine the wrong direction to the empty tube. LOL

You have a valid point.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Still bad Ass! You can mark the tube. And it looks like it only revolves one way.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well, between this, the Magpul Flashlight gun, and the KRISS, I'm just glad there are some people out there developing some new ideas, or at least a good twist on old ideas. More of the same old same old isn't good! I like anything that has some moving parts, and makes you go "How the crap did they do that?"
It may have some issues, maybe they should take a hint from Magpul, and add a little polymer window to the sides of each tube so you could see how many rounds you have left. I'd also make the tubes different colors, or at least have different colored bases so you could load out with different rounds as they discussed, but actually know what tube your on. The thing I'd be more concerned with, is if the tubes need to be loaded outside of the gun or if you could "re-up" with loose shells.

Zhur

·
Vendor
5,652 Posts
Monolitharms is making the P-12 shotgun. It is due out this fall at the SAR show. It has a similar design as the PS90. Top loaded mag and ejection out the bottom. I think it has a 20 round mag!
Way to go Brian!! :shock: :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_p-12

Here are a couple pics from his site.

http://monolitharms.com/newsite/img/P12vsP90_Left.jpg

http://monolitharms.com/newsite/img/P12-2.jpg

Here is his teaser. and it litterally is a teaser. you only get a glimps of parts of the shot gun.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Oh hell yea! This thing is cool! I like this one better! As long as it isn't white! But I guess I can spray paint it!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Now the P12.. I've been waiting 2 years for that sucker to come out. - I'm planning on getting one if they come to market. Seems like a better concept than the street sweeper, and since it's not an autoloader it won't be a destructive device.
IMHO a pump is really just as fast as an autoloader, (but you don't have a free hand).

(Halo also has a really neat .22 cal scale mini-gun. They would make a hand crank version for us civvies. But I don't know if we will ever see it cause apparently the tooling would be way expensive)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts