FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I bought a 17s back in september and absolutely love it, now I have the funds to pick up a 16s and wanted to get any opinions on it compared to the barrett rec7 gen2. Both are piston guns and within a hundred bucks or so of each other. My 17 has a night force 2.5-10 and for this next rifle I am thinking of either a RDS or 1-4. Does any one have experience with both? I know this is an FN site and might be slightly biased but I love my 17 so I am curious about peoples opinion on the 16s. Also I will be posting this on a few other forums I'm on for more input.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a barrett rec 7 5.56 in fde and love it
i don't have can yet for it but looking
great gun cerakoted and love the keymod rail
i have a Vortex 6-24x 50mm scope
solid gun

·
Registered
232 Posts
Tough call, you may get better accuracy out of the Rec, but the Scar beats it in durability. The AR platform is target friendly. Piston aside, you can keep a 16 going longer in the dirt as there is more clearance around the good parts. Rec has a better stock trigger. I have piston AR's (AA, 2 LWRC, PWS) and have been debating getting rid of them and going Scar only. I have the PWS piston and it has the same muzzle brake as the 16, and a no spring piston,(which is kind of cool) so it's very close in feel and I don't climb around in the dirt, so it functions as it should. I'd buy both, but my gun habit keeps me in a 94 Saturn with 380,000 miles, so your priorities may differ.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Hey guys I bought a 17s back in september and absolutely love it, now I have the funds to pick up a 16s and wanted to get any opinions on it compared to the barrett rec7 gen2. Both are piston guns and within a hundred bucks or so of each other. My 17 has a night force 2.5-10 and for this next rifle I am thinking of either a RDS or 1-4. Does any one have experience with both? I know this is an FN site and might be slightly biased but I love my 17 so I am curious about peoples opinion on the 16s. Also I will be posting this on a few other forums I'm on for more input.
16S for parts commonality with the 17S and the 16S is no slob on target either, producing sub-moa groups with 77gr SMK loaded ammunition.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I just purchased a Barret REC7 Gen 2 in 5.56 from Ratworx. Shipping tomorrow to my CA FFL. Who said us Californians can't have fun. :target:

I already own 2 16S therefore, it was a no brainer for me to get another Barrett. What won me over was the M468.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got some very exciting news, as much as I want my 17 to have a little brother I decided to invest in a JP psc-12. I am so excited I can't wait! Probably going to get the 16s around april of 15 now. I do want the barrett also so it will probably come next summer if all goes accordingly. Thank you all for the insight and opinions as always you guys are my favorite gun forum on this newfangled interweb contraption.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ive got a REC 7 and cant say a bad thing about it. Ive only got 1 non piston AR left and Im only keeping it for old time sake. On a whim, I picked up a Ruger SR556, for the money its a solid platform, out of the box I think it offers a lot of bang for the buck.

Reactions: ktmguy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts