FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for either a High Desert Dog 18" threaded heavy stainless steel barrel for the PS90 or an entire HDD 18" built PS90. Has anybody ever seen one? Does anybody know of one? Thank you in Advance.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Never heard of such an animal. There is a fluted SS threaded barrel shroud made for the factory 16" barrel by Imperial Arms. The design of the PS90 is such that you can't get an actual heavy barrel as the barrel is secured into the frame by tension, least not that I've ever heard of.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want one if anyone can locate one. I want to suppress mine to save what little hearing I have left. I don't want to go SBR because I travel a lot and I always want to comply with all laws.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I want one if anyone can locate one. I want to suppress mine to save what little hearing I have left. I don't want to go SBR because I travel a lot and I always want to comply with all laws.
Just buy one of the threaded aftermarket shrouds and keep your 16" barrel.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to use a suppressor and I don't know of anyway to use one with a shroud. Is there a solution?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
HTA is no longer in business.

This is your current solution:
Fluted Barrel Shroud

You have to drill the blind pin out of the stock shroud to install this one. Remember the barrel on the PS90 is already 16", the shroud is there to meet OAL requirements. the new shroud doesn't need to be be pinned or welded in place.
As you said the old shroud was pinned to meet AOL so the new one should to be pinned to meet AOL. If FN had just went with a slightly longer barrel under the shroud this would be a moot point.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
As you said the old shroud was pinned to meet AOL so the new one should to be pinned to meet AOL. If FN had just went with a slightly longer barrel under the shroud this would be a moot point.
The barrel length is not the issue. It's over 16". Since the gun will not function with the shroud removed, and it is not a muzzle device. It's part of the gun. You could remove the butt plate of the PS90 and not be long enough.

As far as I'm concerned I recommend not poking the bear...

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
The barrel length is not the issue. It's over 16". Since the gun will not function with the shroud removed, and it is not a muzzle device. It's part of the gun. You could remove the butt plate of the PS90 and not be long enough.

As far as I'm concerned I recommend not poking the bear...
I know the barrel is long enough but with ATF all rifles have to meet minimum barrel and minimum AOL length, and it's the AOL I'm concerned with. A Ps90 would shoot at least once without a shroud but I doubt it would reload.

Did HTA or the new manufacturers have a ATF letter saying other wise, if they do please point me to it as it would simplify my build for when I'm more mobile God willing.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I know the barrel is long enough but with ATF all rifles have to meet minimum barrel and minimum AOL length, and it's the AOL I'm concerned with. A Ps90 would shoot at least once without a shroud but I doubt it would reload.

Did HTA or the new manufacturers have a ATF letter saying other wise, if they do please point me to it as it would simplify my build for when I'm more mobile God willing.
But the gun isn't designed to work that way, and it requires various tools to get to that point. You could remove the butt plate on the gun, and not meet the Overall Length Requirements.

HTA said they had a letter, but never shared it. Their CS was horrible. I wouldn't use their shroud anyways. It had no receiver gap when I used one, and could never talk to any of their engineers as to the logic for them doing that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn! This is proving to be an expensive cost of ownership! I really wish FN would make these the way I want them. They could not cost any more--than the $'s I have spent on this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking for either a High Desert Dog 18" threaded heavy stainless steel barrel for the PS90 or an entire HDD 18" built PS90. Has anybody ever seen one? Does anybody know of one? Thank you in Advance.
I have a HDD 18" threaded PS90. Its great. Wanted to make 2nd version by HDD so busy with work they will not consider it for months from now (3-2-21)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a HDD 18" threaded PS90. Its great. Wanted to make 2nd version by HDD so busy with work they will not consider it for months from now (3-2-21)
Are they even in business? I have heard that HDD not longer responds to queries. What gives?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are in business but have always been hard to contact. When I got my 18" threaded barrel PS90, it was like BigFoot came to bring a Christmas present. Their website (Hi-DesertDog.com) says they are overwhelmed with orders for military level FN machine guns. I believe they do a lot of Special Ops customization. Here is some contact info that should be current:
Contact by email is preferable, [email protected] or [email protected] or
HDD TACTICAL
HI-DESERTDOG LLC
12490 STATE ROUTE 400
UNIONVILLE, NV 89418
------------------
Brett Staunton; call in the afternoon NV (west coast) time, 775-427-7514.

There emphasis seems to be on full auto P90s for LE/Mil which are SBRs

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an extra OEM barrel if you are interested. More pictures if you like. Also exttra set of QD attachment points.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts