FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
That is rather unfortunate so that is why you carry an H&K!! :?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I see (if U follow the thread back far enough) - that 1911 he had wqas from 1997. This was apparently BEFORE Springfield was putting in the titanium fireing pin and the extra powered firing pin spring to stopp Accidental discharged. Once he gets this done by Springfield, he should be good to go.

But that would have scared the hell outta me if that had happened to me (with the thumb safety still being on).

IF that hapened to me, I do not think I carry a 1911 after that (just use them as range toys)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I would still use them as range toys, but that is just me...I have some cash laying around and I'm off....GUNSHOP TIME!! Looking at this wc 1911 :?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it didn't happen to me. And, if not for a possible summer rust issue, I probably would have gotten a 1911 over the HK. I do shoot a 1911 better. But, I wanted the durability of the HK. And, I can still do cocked and locked.

I may eventually get a 4" 1911. But carrying really takes a tole on the finish of a handgun. I generally don't holster my weapons except for the 1 or 2 I carry. So, I wouldn't wanna scratch up another gun. So, if I go get a smaller 1911, I do not think I'll carry it.

My new HK has a pretty good amount of wear from that kydex IWB holster in just a month. But, I bought it knowing that would be the case, so I do not care.

I hard chromed the slides on many of my other guns, so I never had to deal with that before (since the hard chrome is holster wear proof)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts