FN Herstal Firearms banner

What's your go-to 1911 mag manufacturer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, what are your go to mags? I'm in the market (in particular officer size mags). My Dan Wesson came with Check-mate mags, but I'll probably get something else.

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm leaning towards, just they're out of stock a lot of places I look. I haven't heard much about Nightforce mags, but I'm assuming they should be good? Midway has those in stock last I checked.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
So, what are your go to mags? I'm in the market (in particular Gov't size mags). My Dan Wesson came with Check-mate mags, but I'll probably get something else.
I had a Dan Wesson also and back when I bought mine I believe that it came with Dan Wesson branded Chip McCormacks. I picked up some Wilson's and never even used the ones that came with it. Everyone I asked had nothing but good things to say about them.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I've had the best luck with Colt 8 round stainless mags. I've had the Wilsons and Chips nose dive with some ammo. The Colts always work and are way less than the others.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Anyone know if sti mags are good? How do they compare to Wilson? I need to buy 5- want to know before I buy? Also is there a good place for a good price???? Thank you in advance !!

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never looked up STI mags. Didn't know they made them actually.

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
I'll throw in another vote for Wilson.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will use the mags that came with it at the range this coming week, and I'll see how they run, but I'll probably pick up some Wilson's here soon

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Another vote for Wilson Combat magazines.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm a pretty big fan of Wilson's, but I've also never has a lick of trouble from the CMC Shooting Star mags I've got.

I will tell the mags that I've had the most trouble with are the OEM mags from Springfield Armory. Utter garbage.

Reactions: togjr9

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Chip McCormick's shooting stars, Power mags, and Power+ have worked great for me, including several 10-round Power mags.

Colts stainless 8 rounders have been great.

OEM Dan Wessons have been great.

ATIs have had no problems.

Actually the only troubles I've had were with 10-round Metalform mags.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts