·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like them fine. Good learning/project guns that have a histoty.

I ended up with these two. One is all matching and just needed springs and pins. The other was so worn out we could only save the frame and slide, but we had fun customizing it into what you see in the pics. I need to have them blued/coated still.

It really just depends on what you want and expect from the Sistimas.

·
Registered
114 Posts
what's your opinion on the Sig Revolution pistols? are they worth the cash, or are you better off with a Kimber or something?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the GSR worth the extra money over a Springfield at half the price or a Kimber? Not if you just want a reliable 1911 at a good price. But I specifically wanted a SIG and I wanted a certain configuration so it was worth it to me. I fell in love at first sight. (grin)

My GSR is fine, I really like it. I have not had any trouble with it at all. Other people have had terrible luck with theirs though so keep that in mind if you are planning to get one.

It's weird really, some are perfect and others won't consistently feed even after being sent back to SIG or gun shops repeatedly. I think it was Kimber that had issues with the external extractors some years ago and people shied away from them. I think the GSR's are getting a bad reputation because of the few bad ones like Kimber did. I bought an XBOX360 when people were yelling about them freezing up, but mine works great. I guess I just have had good luck that way.

Is it worth the money? Mine is worth it, I like SIGs, I wanted a 1911 with a rail, that was two toned, had good sights, and would cycle any ammo I wanted to load into it. Yes, it was worth it to me. If I needed to grab a 45 in a hurry, I could grab the GSR or my P245 and not think twice either way. I want to get a light for the GSR (that's why I wanted a rail) and use it as one of the home defense guns.

My Colt is pretty much a safe queen now. The "original" looking Sistema will probably end up in the safe next to the Colt once I get it blued. That leaves the majority of my 1911 shooting to the other Sistema because for casual/fun shooting I like the no railed 1911's best anyway. That's why I had the beveled sights and mag well put on it. It will be tossed under the truck seat and in saddle bags and also be my 1911 range gun. The customized Sistema will be my beater.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And a Kimber, and a Sprinfield, and a S&W, and a... it never ends... :grin:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice!

I need a bobtail...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts