FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting 197 so far at the range. I did manage to get 1 box of 195 while I was in Houston this past week.

My EOtech is sighted in at 50 yards for 197.

What kind of variance can I expect w/ the 195? An inch or two higher or lower?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been shooting nothing but SS195LF until last weekend. I was suprised to find SS197SR shooting to almost exactly the same point at 50 yards.

I think SS197SR is a little more accurate. I just bought 500 rounds of SS197SR to confirm this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I didn't find much of a difference between the two at 50 yd. I shot 195 at 100 yd and the stock reflex sight was the limiting factor in tightening up my groups.

·
Registered
181 Posts
How much is it costing you Ship? I've got a place about 40 minutes away that sells SS195LF and SS197SR for $19.99 a box. I normally buy 500 rounds at a time. Another closer place sells for $29 a box. I don't buy from them :p

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the 197 is $19.67 a box here in town.. But I ended up buying them out slowly - a box here and there. I am waiting for them to restock, and I am not sure what the new price will be.

I bought a box of 195 at Gander Mountain in Houston for $24.99 + tax. Ridiculous, I know. But I just wanna try 1 box. If it hits at the same point of impact, I may buy some more - only I guess I'd be better off ordering it on the net. Even 1 box at a time shipped to me would be cheaper than the price at Gander Mountain WITH sales tax (over $27.00 w/ the tax).

I wish the local guy would get the 195. If he did, I'd concentrate on buying just that, and then adjust my EOtech as needed at the range permanently.

But as long as I can only buy the 197 here in town, that's my primary PS90 round...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have not noticed a great deal of difference between 195 and 197 fired from my PS90.

Not so from the USG. There is about a 5" difference between the 2 when fired at about 25 yards. Kind of irritating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts