FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, thanks to all that post here. Reading all the content regarding the PS90 helped me select an optic, sling, mags, etc for my new OD PS90.

Thought I would post this here vs the ammo select as it's more of a usage / sighting in question than a pure ballistics one.

I have loaded up on 197 and bought 1000 rds of 192 I came across last week. Additionally, I have been looking at the Elite Ammo site and may get some of theirs once the supply chain settles down a bit.

Bored sighted my rifle to an EoTech 516 but have yet to hit the range. Plan of zeroing it at 50 yards at this point. I just wondered how much point of impact variation would I experience between 197 and 192. Any idea? Any zeroing strategies you can offer should I wish to switch back and forth and not re-zero when I do? What's better for self-defense out to 50 yards, the 192 or 197?

Thank you.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I think the different ammo types make a bigger difference in the Five seven pistol.

I have shot 195 and 197, and at 50 yards with my eotech, they both hit around the center dot of the Eotech. 192 is similar to 195, so U probably will be okay.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Out of my Five-seveN there is a four or five inch drop in POI between the SS192/SS195 and the SS197 with the 197 being the round that prints lower. I do not have a PS90 but I "do" have an AR57 upper and there still is a drop of about 3 or 4 inches. Those tests were run at 25 yards so bullet drop will be much worse at 50 or 100 yards. I use my Five-seveN for CCW and find that the EA PROtector ammo prints almost the same as the SS192/SS195 so that is what I use for CCW and practice.

MadDog :?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I did make an error popping it in the FiveSeven section but thank you for the info. I plan on buying this pistol soon so this is still useful scoop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts