FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just started buying ammo for the 5.7 and will obtain the gun in the near future. I talked to a local LEO who owns the 5.7 and advised me to stay away from the 198LF. He said the 198LF gets his gun dirtier than the 197SR and is concerned about the long term storage of the 198 due to the lead free primers. Is there any truth to this??

I basically have unlimited access to the 198LF being an active LEO, and would much rather shoot/train with the 198 ammo for home defense, knowing its a faster round, and could punch through barriers easier than the 197.

The downside....I just found out that if I want to carry the 5.7 off duty, it requires qualifying with it day/nighttime every three months. Either way, I will probably stockpile both the 197 and 198.

Just looking for for some input on both rounds, what is preferred, and if there is any truth that the 198 is not as clean burning as the 197?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Dom

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah, all I was saying was that you can be sure if it is...but you can't be sure that it isn't. Lol. Because color of the primer isn't a foolproof indicator either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts