1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 baggage handlers arrested at LAX

ASSOCIATED PRESS

8:16 p.m. November 7, 2008

LOS ANGELES – Two baggage handlers are accused of stealing $10,000 and hundreds of items from luggage at the Los Angeles International Airport.

KCBS-TV reported Friday that Roman Jaime and Carlos Garcia were arrested Oct. 30 on the tarmac. Police recovered 272 items at their homes, including purses, cameras, computers and cash.

Police say undercover officers became suspicious of the pair because many of the flights they worked had reports of thefts from baggage.

LAX police would not elaborate on the case Friday night and it was not immediately clear if either suspect had an attorney.

Lara Uselding, spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration, says more than 460 transportation security officers nationwide have been fired for theft since May 2003. She says that represents 0.4 percent of the agency's workers.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20081107-2016-ca-baggagehandlers-laxarrests.html

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's obvious that the govt has no interest in stopping theft of items by TSA and baggage handling employees. Just putting up cameras over the entire inside section where luggage is handled would make a big difference.

Hell, the next town over is starting this camera crap, like they already do in London. If they can monitor an entire city - why not monitor the thieving employees.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I remember reading a report on the widespread canvasing of camera in London. They hid cameras everywhere there, not just on the streets. In a typical trip to work you will be fall in the view of at least 30-40 separate cameras, both hidden and visible.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea i noticed that they were everywhere when I went there

·
Registered
164 Posts
You know what the government ought to be concerned about is, if it's so easy to take things from luggage then it's also that easy to put things in luggage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts