FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first handgun was a Glock 17...and I loved it. But for various reasons, mostly my terrible lack of focus, I never went down the Glock road again. Until now, that is. I picked up a new Glock 21 Gen 4 today. I think we're going to get along just fine.

Here's the obligatory pics (with obligatory cat)

And one of the new arrival with his granddad.

So, I guess if I follow my Glock buying pattern, I'll have my next one as I enter the geriatric years. It'll probably look damn sporty riding on my high waist pants.

·
Registered
604 Posts
So, I guess if I follow my Glock buying pattern, I'll have my next one as I enter the geriatric years. It'll probably look damn sporty riding on my high waist pants.
Don't look at them as high waist pants, look at it as reducing the amount of space between your hand and the gun. High waist pants are...TACTICAL.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Looks nice. I'm probably a minority on this Forum but I have never owned a Glock. First polymer pistol I owned was an FsN. Prior to that the steel versions.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
That was quick. Your lady lifted the arms embargo... Better not waste the opportunity. Its time for some FDE scars Scott. Gotta collect the whole set :-D

On the glock... Try as I might I can't hit the the broad side of a barn or the one behind it with a glock. Its not the pistol its just some weird quirk in the way I shoot. I had the same problem with a ruger poly pistol. Glocks are tanks though and there is nothing wrong with them. Good addition. What's this make like 78 pistols for you now? :-D

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was quick. Your lady lifted the arms embargo... Better not waste the opportunity. Its time for some FDE scars Scott. Gotta collect the whole set :-D

On the glock... Try as I might I can't hit the the broad side of a barn or the one behind it with a glock. Its not the pistol its just some weird quirk in the way I shoot. I had the same problem with a ruger poly pistol. Glocks are tanks though and there is nothing wrong with them. Good addition. What's this make like 78 pistols for you now? :-D
Not quite 78...but that is something to shoot for (makes mental note). I think I'm done (please don't laugh) with new firearms for awhile. I need to get off my arse and get the ball rolling on some NFA stuff. I've been putting it off for along time. Too long, really.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who had the good deal on the 21 Gen 4?
Not really sure how much of a deal I got. I picked it up at Grabagun.

It was more of an impulse purchase while I was eating my PBJ at lunch on Thursday. These things happen. Lunch is very unpredictable around here. Sometimes you have a sandwich, sometime you get a new pistol. This time I had both.

Reactions: rslsss

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: xslice

·
Registered
703 Posts
Not really sure how much of a deal I got. I picked it up at Grabagun.

It was more of an impulse purchase while I was eating my PBJ at lunch on Thursday. These things happen. Lunch is very unpredictable around here. Sometimes you have a sandwich, sometime you get a new pistol. This time I had both.
Aaahhh yes. I have bought many guns from those guys as well.
Always without a hitch.

The 21 Gen 4 is a fine choice!

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Not quite 78...but that is something to shoot for (makes mental note). I think I'm done (please don't laugh) with new firearms for awhile. I need to get off my arse and get the ball rolling on some NFA stuff. I've been putting it off for along time. Too long, really.
I don't believe youre done buying guns for a while. You've cried wolf far too many times. Nothing wrong with that. And a part of me celebrates every purchase with you every time. I hear you on the NFA stuff. That's my next purchase. Then an optic for the scar.

If you keep eyeballing guns on the net you will end up with a new one before too long for sure. But its almost impossible to stop looking at guns on the internet... So...

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, every time I say "this is it"...it rings pretty hollow. I mean, I know it's a lie. My wife knows it's a lie. Pretty much anyone who has known me for more than a couple minutes knows it's a lie. But it's a lie I can live with....and I really do mean it as the words exit my mouth...not much longer than that, though.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Nice Scott! Now get the mulitoned and dark earth varieties of Glocks and scars!

Here, let me push you off the fence image.jpg

Also, warren tactical makes some awesome NS for glock and the 3.5 lb connector from ghost or glock are nice!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts