FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about finally getting a .22 pistol. It's one of those things I've continuously put off for, oh let's say, nearly the last 25 years. Now that I also have a Spectre II in jail*, I thought the time was right. I was thinking about a Ruger MKIII 22/45 with a threaded barrel. Yeah or nay? Any other suggestions?

*while I got it primarily for the Five-seveN, I though it would be a good excuse to get another pistol. I'm semi-clever like that.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I have a ruger 22/45 Mk III and didnt care for it, disassembly requires 3 hands. I then got the GSG 1911-22 and couldn't be happier, it comes with an internally threaded barrel that you can buy a silencerco adapter for, I love mine. But most seem to like the 22/45

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I have a stainless MKIII that Tornado Tech threaded for me so I can use my Gemtech for the FsN on it.

And I have a cheat sheet for the MKIII that makes taking it apart and putting it back together super easy. :biggrin:

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So many good choices. I suspect this will come down to a single-elimination coin flip tournament...or maybe something with lawn darts. Thanks for all the input/suggestions.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I have a ruger SR22 and a Sig 1911 .22 . I would gladly buy both of them again. I hope I can pick up my sparrow in a few weeks (stupid @ss paperwork ATF Bull sh/t - should have been approved in July) and give them a go supressed. Any how I like the SR22 a lot.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I have the full-size M&P 22 that I run with my Sparrow. It runs great. Not sure if it's as accurate as a good Ruger Mk III or not, but it does quite well with decent ammo. Trigger is quite good too if you don't mind articulated triggers (it is a SAO gun, good reset on the trigger)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.