FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ASC has now started to produce magazines for the SCAR 17. Currently they have 25 rnd mags for around 45 dollars. They have not yet posted them on their website yet (Ammunition Storage Components LLC) but that is because the first batch just rolled off the line (500). I talked with them today, they are starting a new batch of 5000 and will continue to produce them. You will have to call to order unless you wait for them to pop up on the website. According to the customer service rep I talked to the first batch of 500 are not a test batch but they where all run through a "tool" that checks them for proper gauge and function. The customer service was great, ordered 2 today and they said I should have them before the weekend.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I just ordered 1 and I will do up a review on it when it gets here. If I like it I will order a bunch more.
Pat
Ordered two this morning. Will also review and post results. Evidently someone ordered 120 of them and only 3 had any issues. The gent I spoke to was extremely helpful and I just hope the product stands up to the test.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a busy weekend ahead of me... Got to try out these new mags, as well as I have a Millet TRS-1 scope coming in on Friday. Poor me, well guess I will be shooting all weekend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still waiting on the mags to come in, also the charge has not yet hit my account so I do not know if they are even on their way. Monday I will call them back to confirm everything, but good news is my scope came in. It is BZO'd and ready for some long range hitting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone know if they'd be making 10 rounders too? Would be nice here in NY.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok guys the mag came in today. I went to the post office onthe way to the range. I was only going to test accuracy and not practicepractical drills so I did not bring my ball ammo. I only had expensive stuffwith me. So I only fired about 50 rounds through this mag at the end of mytesting today. It worked as it should. It fed fine and locked back open when empty. The mag does have less internal room than theSCAR mag. It was hard to load my 168 grain AMAX reloads in the mag because theyare seated to 2.80 oal. I had to tap the back of the mag as I was loading it. Iplan on testing it much more thoroughly tomorrow. First impressions are good however. It does appear to be made of thinner metalthan the OEM mag. That’s just animpression not a technical statement. It just feels a bit lighter.
Here and the pics.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Played around more with it now loading and unloading it. It only holds 24 not 25. Its a very tight 24 as well. Not a huge deal maybe the spring will weaken. Loading the mag is difficult even with ball ammo. I have to keep tapping the mag to get the next round in. To make sure its seated against the back of the mag.
Pat

1 - 20 of 49 Posts