FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not sure if this warrants it's own thread but i just got my second ps90. this time it was ordered from cmmg.

business as usual as far as that goes but what impressed me was that it included the ussg black reticle sight. i cannot wait to try it out.

for about $1650 after taxes and ffl transfer, it seems like a fantastic deal.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
::!!!::

·
Vendor
5,654 Posts
:shock: Congrats on the 2nd!! I have the green stock /white reticule and a black stock tri-rail with the C-More sight. I'm hoping the Black reticule model comes down in the next year so I can get one of those too. However, if Obama gets elected I'm ordering one no matter what the price. :-x

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i am going to do the same on top of buying a FiveseveN

·
Registered
475 Posts
I also have two ps90's both black with the white sight (that's the only part that sucks). The main reason i got a second one was for a parts gun it doesn't hurt to have a back up.

I think you are wise in making your purchase of a second ps90 since parts are not readily available and kind of exotic atleast in my area.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I have seen sites where you can buy certain parts of the '90 i was considering building one part by part for giggles

·
Registered
475 Posts
the only place i know of is cmmg, but if you add the parts up you might as well buy a second ps90.

i figure if your primary ps90 goes down, you could replace it with your second ps90, your downed ps90 would then be used to salvage parts if your second one goes down. i doubt either one would break but rather to have it and not need it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Range report on the black reticle ringsight! Enquiring minds want to know! :?
I bought my 2nd PS90 (both were green/white reticle) shortly after purchasing & shooting my first (in fact, the serial# is only 2 later on the 2nd!), "just in case". Glad I did, I now have one I use exclusively for training/range work and the 2nd (after a few hundred rds break-in to ensure reliability) stays in the gunsafe as "insurance" in case something happens to the first. Just picked up a 3rd for my son, he wanted the black/black reticle but decided afterwards to go w/the TROS/Aimpoint setup like his dad. Wish I had the $$$ to pick up a couple of more to put back NIB (sigh...)
Tomac

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
extras are always nice to have :?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I could have bought another one, instead I put the money in a friends kids college fund.

And I'm saving up for a SCAR

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea i have a SCAR fund as well.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
fs2000 is a excellent choice :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Range report on the black reticle ringsight! Inquiring minds want to know! :?
Apologies for the delay. I had expected the suppressor to come in sooner than it apparently takes, first time form 4 transfer. So I held off on the shooting until I read this post.

Well, if i could pick one word..it'd be fantabulous. Before I even left my apartment I noticed what looks like a sub-MOA dot at the center of the reticule which I never noticed on the white ring sight. I looked again through my white one and it is indeed there but was washed out by, of course, my white walls.

I tried it at a couple of the different distances available at the range and it was very clear every time against the targets. I even got some decent groupings for a person that doesn't shoot very often. Also, the only range master around that fired a PS90 before was pretty impressed by it since he'd only seen the white ring reticule too.

I also tried to vary the lighting around me but it wasn't a good test of the tritium in the sight so I can't really speak to that. It does seem brighter in the black reticule but I just assume that is due to it being newer than the white one. I suppose that's what lasers are for.. :-?

I'd like to try it out at a range that really has some distance but for a sight that doesn't have magnification, this is really top notch. I had considered getting an ACOG right away but I think I will hold off for now since I have no desire to be a sharpshooter with this gun.

/Ug. I checked CMMG again and they tacked on an extra $200 to the price but now give the option of either the black reticule or the triple rail. Guess I got lucky with that purchase, now if only they could produce the 1:9 barrel I requested 4 months ago. 8)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
'90's rule!!! :? :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts