FN Herstal Firearms banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wanted to mention and reiterate that each suppressor is different and what works for one may not work for another. I think the testing this group is doing is great. I plan on doing my own with my SCAR 17S 16” with the 3-selection regulator and a Surefire 7.62 RC2 suppressor at stock 1.45 gas jet and I have a PMM 1.40 gas jet on hand. Beyond that I may have to order others? Will report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
676 Posts
I wanted to mention and reiterate that each suppressor is different and what works for one may not work for another. I think the testing this group is doing is great. I plan on doing my own with my SCAR 17S 16” with the 3-selection regulator and a Surefire 7.62 RC2 suppressor at stock 1.45 gas jet and I have a PMM 1.40 gas jet on hand. Beyond that I may have to order others? Will report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got the same setup (without the 3 selection gas regulator) and after trying different size jets ended up giunbg with a 1.35mm jet running suppressed all the time. I'm starting the same process on my new SCAR 20S 6.5 Creedmoor with a YHM R2 suppressor. I'm thinking it might end up using a 1.25mm gas jet...

Reactions: IrishMedicRN

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've got the same setup (without the 3 selection gas regulator) and after trying different size jets ended up giunbg with a 1.35mm jet running suppressed all the time. I'm starting the same process on my new SCAR 20S 6.5 Creedmoor with a YHM R2 suppressor. I'm thinking it might end up using a 1.25mm gas jet...
Stock in my 20S 6.5CM is 1.2mm so I’m going to be testing 1.1mm and 1.5mm gas jets.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Now that this thread is bumped up back from oblivion of 8 months ago...

I have been getting a few guys contacting me here and there with custom selector orders...

Does the group here want to see a "DIY" undrilled version of the 3 selector??
I would drill the first OEM full gas position for you at .104" and just indicate the other two position holes with a slight divot.
Not drilled through.. just a divot so you know where to run your custom size drill..

I'd like to gauge this interest one more time from people now that the 3-select regulator is roughly a year old and people have had a chance to play with it more in different configurations.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts