FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to try out the 30 round mag finally. It worked 100% - however, as someone warned me - those last 10 rounds are a pain in the butt to load... :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
They get a little bit easier over time and I used some dry graphite the first time only on the follower not the ammo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
30rd mag

can u plz send me the info on where u found the 30rd mag for purchase... is it a true 30rd or the 20w/a 10+ adapter?? thanks for the help..

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: 30rd mag

meseahunt said:
can u plz send me the info on where u found the 30rd mag for purchase... is it a true 30rd or the 20w/a 10+ adapter?? thanks for the help..
IT may be a 20 rounder and they are putting the extension for U - it's the same thing, however. It has the 30 rounder spring.

I got mine from CMMG.

By the time U buy the 20 rounder and the extension seperate - it's easier to just buy the 30 rounder...

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=897527&cat=46&

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just added the 10 round extensions to 2 mags today and I had no problems loading them. I did discover that if someone was to find longer springs, that you can stack up the extensions. Our Gunsmith thinks that he can make me a spring. 50 round mags anybody?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tiawah466 said:
I just added the 10 round extensions to 2 mags today and I had no problems loading them. I did discover that if someone was to find longer springs, that you can stack up the extensions. Our Gunsmith thinks that he can make me a spring. 50 round mags anybody?
That would be cool :x

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Re: need help taking clip apart

chadjones99 said:
got my 30 round extender in today , how do you take apart the clip
i dont want to break it
Hold the "magazine" with your hand at a 90 degree angle with the back side of the magazine facing down.
Using a table, push the back of the bottom base plate forward.
This should move the base plate a few mm, then you can just slide it off (watch out for the spring).

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Re: fully loaded clip or not

chadjones99 said:
what do you think about leave 30rds in it , is it bad for the spring ? should i back off to like 28 ?
Thats up to you, the Black Silicon spring is pretty tough tough.
Usually its the compression and uncompression of a spring that wears it down over time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my 30rnd mags since I got my 57 late in 07. I 've tons threw them and had no problems at all.

The bottom sticks out a bit but it is not to bad, not like a Glock 17/18/19

1 - 20 of 24 Posts