FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my suppressor stamp should be in within the next month or two so I am going to start reloading some Sub sonic rounds for my .300blk rifle.

I have been doing a lot of searching for the reloading components and I have came across the following that are currently in stock.

Sierra 30 cal 220 gr HPBT
BULK BULLETS | Brownells

PSA Once Fired US Military Auction 5.56 Converted Cleaned Brass 300 AAC Blackout 1000ct in New Lake City .50cal Ammo Can
http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...t-1000ct-in-new-lake-city-50cal-ammo-can.html

Hodgdon H110 Powder
Hodgdon Smokeless Powder : Cabela's

Forgot the coupon code for brownells (promo code SSS gets you 10% off)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry the middle link is messed up, i have no idea how to post on this forum.

I have read that the H110 is not the ideal powder for cycling pistol length uppers with sub sonic loads but that was all i could find at the moment.

If anyone has experience reloading with all or some of these components on a 11" or shorter upper, your advise would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I use lil gun, but thats in a 16" barrel. I hear AA1680 is the best 300blk powder for cycling through short barrels, but like a lot of powders right now it's made of unobtainium.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just completed my first reloads from Carolina Brass (strict inspection - ultimate quality), used LIL-Gun (17.2 grains per Sierra load data), with 125 grains MatchKing Bullets, and COAL of 2.210. Will test it on my SR-30 in Feb. Hope to get great results!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I chop my own .223 brass and form into 300 no issues. Used h110, A1680, A5744 powder Lil gun 125gr, 150gr, 180gr and 220gr bullets

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just completed my first reloads from Carolina Brass (strict inspection - ultimate quality), used LIL-Gun (17.2 grains per Sierra load data), with 125 grains MatchKing Bullets, and COAL of 2.210. Will test it on my SR-30 in Feb. Hope to get great results!
This is the load I use for 125s too. My 16" AAC really likes it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vertigosol, have you reloaded 220gr with h110? Do you have a carbine or pistol length gas tube?

I might be fine with the h110 since I can share my sbr lower with a no weight buffer and use a lighter bolt to help cycle with less gas?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Vertigosol, have you reloaded 220gr with h110? Do you have a carbine or pistol length gas tube?

I might be fine with the h110 since I can share my sbr lower with a no weight buffer and use a lighter bolt to help cycle with less gas?
I have both 9 and 16 inch. I honestly have never used h110 for subsonic loads due because I have been able to find A1680. Im sure you would be able to get it to work but consistancy with burning of the powder may be a concern on a 9 inch. The worst thing might be not locking or cycling the bolt. Just make sure,as with all reloads , you keep a close eye on new receipes

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the advice, I will look for a1680 and lil' gun while i'm waiting for the suppressor stamp to arrive and get some 110-125 gr bullets to load for now.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
thanks for the advice, I will look for a1680 and lil' gun while i'm waiting for the suppressor stamp to arrive and get some 110-125 gr bullets to load for now.
If you ever run across them (OOS all over) the 500rd 125gr speer TNT value pack bullets work awesome . The 125gr Sierra MK are also great but are pricey

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 110 are hard to find but I've seen the 125gr locally in the last month. Price on the hand is never as good locally as online, but I'm only looking for a few hundred and they are a lot better priced than $2/round for the Remington ammo.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
check out detroitammoco.com he specializes in subsonic ammo and 300 blk specifically. I have had better luck with feeding issues when using the hornady 208 bullets versus the 220 BT not sure why.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Forget 110 for subsonic. No one has luck with it on the 300blk forums through a short barrel. I reload with IMR 4227. Sub and super. 208 and 220 sub, 150 super. 4227 will cycle both through my sdn6 suppressor. It is QUIET. I have a 9" aac barrel. Remember to work down your loads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts