FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Go check it out below, and make sure to give us a follow!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-xqnOrJ31Z/
It’s a great option, 300blk can be an all consuming endeavor. Subs, supers, hunting with either. Hunting with subs require exotic bunkers like Maker or Lehigh defense IMO. Good ammo is expensive so reloading is an advantage IMO. It’s really a PPC similar to 45acp with more potential. A heavy, up to 265 gr bullet can be driven at subsonic speeds and is a great supersonic hunting round with 110 and 125gr projectiles.

The 16 looks great,

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It’s a great option, 300blk can be an all consuming endeavor. Subs, supers, hunting with either. Hunting with subs require exotic bunkers like Maker or Lehigh defense IMO. Good ammo is expensive so reloading is an advantage IMO. It’s really a PPC similar to 45acp with more potential. A heavy, up to 265 gr bullet can be driven at subsonic speeds and is a great supersonic hunting round with 110 and 125gr projectiles.

The 16 looks great,
There are days I wish I had a 16 just to have one in 300, I love that little cartridge. Took a deer last time I was back home in Tn. with my 9" AR pistol. Did that gun with the Adams Arms piston kit and after a bit of work got it all dialed in so that I can run subs or supers 100% reliably by just adjusting the gas knob that's part of the gas block. I have that gun set up as a bedside gun 90% of the time with a 9" TBAC Ultra and Hornady subs...….it's easily movie quiet.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
It seems all that would be required is a new barrel assembly, specific gas jets. The bolt should be the same. Perhaps they use a lightened carrier in it for some reason?

I'd like to know more MWG! :icon_wave:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not selective fire but all the blackouts in my safes ( rifles and one pistol) required only a specific barrel, all other parts interchange without modification. I shoot Texas hogs with that round with great success including this 400 pounder. The rifle is a AAC Handi Rifle (single shot) in 300 Blackout.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
HDD 16" .300 BO barrel, Shooting Sight trigger, Leupold MKIV 300 scope
Shoots Supers or Subs with a turn of the gas plug

Now that's really nice. Congrats.

I've got multiple ARs in 300, one is a piston driven that's my favorite. Like yours runs supers or subs with just a turn of the gas selector. Wish RRA would release the PDS 300 upper that is suppressor safe, I've got one SBRd waiting for that.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Curious what you mean by suppressor safe.
Rock River released their PDS system to the world and then informed everyone they are not safe for suppressor use, made a lot of people very unhappy. The reason they never fully released a 300BLK version is they were working out a fix for using a suppressor. The fix has been coming now for 6-8 years....supposedly any day now. I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Not selective fire but all the blackouts in my safes ( rifles and one pistol) required only a specific barrel, all other parts interchange without modification. I shoot Texas hogs with that round with great success including this 400 pounder. The rifle is a AAC Handi Rifle (single shot) in 300 Blackout.
What kind of cartridge? Grains of each & bullet shape/type? 300blk seems like a strange choice to me for medium game, curious what's effective from a cartridge makeup

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What kind of cartridge. It's a cut down 223 necked up to 30 cal. Grains of each & bullet shape/type? Bullets are fromfrom 90gr to 240gr, any 30 cal bubullet will do alalthough there arare many just for 300BLK and it's expansion velocities. 300blk seems like a strange choice to me for medium game works great on hogs and whitetawhitetail deer, curious what's effective from a cartridge make I'd say 200 yards for true medium game and some large game to 100 yards. Deer I've shot have been in the woods at 75 yards and dropped in their tracks with 130gr supers.
Answers in red

1 - 17 of 17 Posts