FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Thanks for posting... I'm good on optics for now but it is a worthy post !
Those prices are great, I have been waiting to see some after Xmas/New years specials ... pretty much the general masses have depleted their cash supplies on the holidays. We didn't get a chance to see any price drops last year .... The Frenzy was in full swing, all I can remember is price gouging !!!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Why are most of the 308 ACOGs sub 4x? Not that I'm missing that half time magnification, just wondering.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Why are most of the 308 ACOGs sub 4x? Not that I'm missing that half time magnification, just wondering.
It has to do with the dimensions and eye relief of the particular ACOG. It's all in multiples, 3.5x35...4x32... 6x48 etc etc

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Everyone keep in mind the eye relief on the TA-33 series is pretty short. Some say dangerously short for the .308 caliber. If you are putting it on a SCAR 17 you may have to remove the rear iron sight to get it close enough. The TA-11s are no problem on the SCAR.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Everyone keep in mind the eye relief on the TA-33 series is pretty short. Some say dangerously short for the .308 caliber. If you are putting it on a SCAR 17 you may have to remove the rear iron sight to get it close enough. The TA-11s are no problem on the SCAR.
I did not find this to be the case when I had my TA-33 on my 17S. Eye relief was good and never had any issues. The TA-33 is GTG on the 17S.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
At these prices, I might be able to scrounge up enough coin to get one for my beater AR-15.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
It has to do with the dimensions and eye relief of the particular ACOG. It's all in multiples, 3.5x35...4x32... 6x48 etc etc
I understand that but what I don't understand is why the 308 4x32 isn't all that common. I can't find it in stock in too many places.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
The eye relief on the 4x models is very short, so it's not the most popular choice for a .308.
You telling me people DON'T like getting poked in the eye?

·
Registered
26 Posts
You guys are a bad influence. :evil:

I just bought an RMR. Thanks for posting. $472 is a smoking deal.

Steve

1 - 20 of 35 Posts