FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone did any testing with Lehigh defense 32 grain controlled chaos rounds ? Was thinking about trying some. If so What powder would you suggest? Starting load? Oal?

Thanks

·
Registered
965 Posts
If loading for the FsN I would recommend True Blue powder as it seems to work with bullet weights from 28-45gr. without much issue. I have not tried the 32gr. variety, but have loaded quite a few of the 45 gr. A few years back they changed the makeup of the 45 gr bullet and sold the old versions at a huge discount. Picked up 1500 of the old variety, and used true blue to get them up to about 1900 fps from the FsN. The solid design makes quite a different sound when shootingsteel. Would have to pull out some of the loaded ammo or look at the loading diary to see what load I settled on as it has been a few years since I assembled any of them. The 32 gr. looks to be a shorter bullet, so you would need to look at your OAL, but the shape seems suitable for proper feeding (from the photos on their site).

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I haven't used that bullet but do load the 32gr Cutting Edge bullet and like the bullet weight in the FsN. I get around 2,275 fps and am happy with that velocity.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't used that bullet but do load the 32gr Cutting Edge bullet and like the bullet weight in the FsN. I get around 2,275 fps and am happy with that velocity.
Thanks. That’s great velocity. How do the cases look? True blue? Decent starting load? I was thinking of starting around 5.5gr and working up from there? What are you using for your oal?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Thanks. That’s great velocity. How do the cases look? True blue? Decent starting load? I was thinking of starting around 5.5gr and working up from there? What are you using for your oal?
Being this is my main SD load they are loaded pretty warm and I don't use the brass more than once. I use True Blue. Start at 5.6 and work up but that starting point is very light, I won't give out my load due to liability. OAL 1.525

Take a look at iFire's FiveseveN Load Data - FiveseveNForum.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I did pick some up. Going to start at 5.5 and work it up. I realize that’s probably on the light side but would rather be safe. I think I’m going to have to seat them right above the cannelure for a good oal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts