FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It bears mention that there is absolutely no evidence of who they voted for, Romney won the state in 2012 by about 100,000 votes, while Obama won NC in 2008. But voter fraud is voter fraud no matter who it benefits. Voter ID laws is crucial to combating this kind of cheating.

Full story: Oh My: Audit Finds Evidence of Widespread Voter Fraud in North Carolina - Guy Benson

According to this audit by the North Carolina Elections Oversight Committee, at least 81 dead people have been voting from the grave, and more than 35,000 people with matching full names and dates of birth voted in both North Carolina and another state in the 2012 general election.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Obama voters did this in the Northeast. Some bozo's even said on TV they were doing it.

Need a requirement to show an I.D. or have a voter I.D. card to vote, like Puerto Rico does.

If you are a student, vote via absentee ballot for the state you are from.

Reactions: monsterdog

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you are a student, vote via absentee ballot for the state you are from.
The student thing is interesting, some of my liberal leaning friends (yes I have those) tell me exactly how unfair it is for students to not be allowed to use their student ID as proof of identity when voting, while those evil gun-owners are allowed to use their concealed carry permit to do the same.

This has been almost a mantra of the anti voter ID crowd out there because it allowed them to attack gun-owners, a part of society which engages the gag reflex in liberals, and cling to their disenfranchisement beliefs at the same time. But there is a simple rebuttal I've used against it. The answer is to point out that it is reasonable to require a state issued photo ID to be able to vote in official elections. Concealed carry permits are just this, while student cards don't even come near that definition.

Ask them if they think any photo ID issued by a commercial entity (like a lot of colleges are), such as a gun range membership card or a bulk grocery shop card would satisfy their requirement for ID and why.

Most of my liberal friends swallowed the line about disenfranchising students without even questioning it, the solution is to ask them questions about their beliefs, which will unlock their minds a little bit at a time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts