FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to get some feedback on the 357 Sig in the FNP.

I'm about to buy and the Three Five Seven has my attention.

Thanks,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, I appreciate your response.

Looks like I will have to hand load if I go Sig. Ammo is a bit expensive
and can be difficult to find.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Last time I checked Midway had a pretty good supply of brass at a decent price. Well almost decent as brass has gone up through the damn roof here lately. Norammly I size any new brass I buy, it just saves on the frustration factor and crushed cases during the loading process.

Here is the Midway link. You might find it cheaper by a little bit but I have normally had very good luck with new Winchester brass. And Midway sells a pile of it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=450330&t=11082005

·
Registered
1 Posts
.357 SIG is a pain in the butt to reload. The problem is case neck tension for the bullet. You can't just use any 9mm bullet. It has to have a straight body and then taper, typically in a truncated design. This means the available bullets you can use is a little more limited. The neck is so short, that its a pain to bell it just slightly, yet still give adequate tension. Finally, even when seated and crimped, bullet setback is a real problem and its not like the round is low pressure. This is a problem even with factory ammo. Look into it a little in your searches and others will bring up the same problems. Just something to consider before you buy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's good info to consider.

I would plan on loading only two bullets.
Speer 125 and 147 Gold Dots made for the 357 Sig.

Have you loaded these?

Also, I read where people actually headspace on the shoulder instead of the mouth AND use necked down 40 S&W cases in spite of it being shorter.
I don't know?

If as you say getting a good crimp is hard to get I just may go
9mm and shoot plus + ammo.

Really appreciate the feedback!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts