FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to 37 PSR range in Bunlevel, NC (15 miles from Ft Bragg) it was my first time there and it won't be my last. A awesome low restriction gun range. The staff and RSO's were professional and courteous. They have tactical league shooting on certain days and many other firearm courses. OK thats my plug for the 37 PSR guys. Today, we went and fired my 17 with the new optics and got in dialed in. Even Victoria who came down from Ft Lee had another go and she did extremely well. She is not intimidated of the 17 at all. I also have a YHM muzzle brake I installed on the 17. I'm going to put my paperwork in for the suppressor before the month is out, I'm just looking for a good deal until then. I will give Nefarious arms a call sometime in the next couple of months to see about getting my 16S barrel chopped to a 13 inch. More paperwork!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Vortex Viper PST?

In a few days I will get to see this for myself, as glass is inbound.
A Leupold scope mounting video offered the "mirror trick" for a quick return to mechanical center.

The only way I knew to mechanically center, was to count the clicks in full travel and divide by two. The next is traveling toward the halfway point for both turrets etc.
This mirror trick states that the shooter will see two reticles and that they can be adjusted to nearly overlap, which they are calling mechanical center.

Could you verify this?
Thanks

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Vortex Viper PST?

In a few days I will get to see this for myself, as glass is inbound.
A Leupold scope mounting video offered the "mirror trick" for a quick return to mechanical center.

The only way I knew to mechanically center, was to count the clicks in full travel and divide by two. The next is traveling toward the halfway point for both turrets etc.
This mirror trick states that the shooter will see two reticles and that they can be adjusted to nearly overlap, which they are calling mechanical center.

Could you verify this?
Thanks
Curious, does it work?? What are you trying to accomplish?? If you do not have a mounting system that has windage and elevation adjustments built into it your right back to square 1, no??

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Curious, does it work?? What are you trying to accomplish?? If you do not have a mounting system that has windage and elevation adjustments built into it your right back to square 1, no??
Finding mechanical center is important.

For instance, a tie-rod on a vehicle can be mechanically centered to establish a fair length of travel in both directions.
The theory is not to max out the settings, clicks, or travel for most aspects of things like these.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts