FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is looking for a 3x flip up magnifier for the exps2 on his scar. I only have experience with the eotech g33. Anyone have experience with the aimpoint, vortex or burris? I know the vortex flips left and if you reverse the mount the button is on the wrong side. I warned him and he said if he would use the vortex with a burris mount to rectify this. Any input?

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
I have an Aimpoint on a LaRue mount. For my needs, it works. The main drawbacks being that it is bit heavy and was fairly pricy (to me, at least).

Reactions: Patton250

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the Vortex and when it's on I have it so it swings to the right,I like it when you pull the release back and flip it rather then pushing the release. I mounted it this way so when it's flipped up and not in use its not in the way when shooting both eyes open,not that is was in the way going to the left it's just way out of the way going to the right.
And that's my take on the magnifier so there take it for what it's worth........

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I have all three and the aimpoint and effect are overpriced. Having said that they are both better than the vortex. That's not much help is it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patton, do you have the burris? It's priced like a vortex but has the right handed mount. Unsure of quality..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts