FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 40 or 50 round mag (can't remember) that I pick up at a gun show for my AR and it fits and removes fine from the FS2000
I can't remember the brand - I'll have to look for any markings on it.

anybody else have any experience with a >30 round mag in the FS2000?

·
Registered
29 Posts

Just put mine in and took a quick picture /sans scope.

Its weird the picture makes it look longer than it is. Actually handling the weapon with it inserted is not difficult and I don't find it to be a hindrance. I wouldn't want to bench with it inserted but....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why are a number of guys adding the magpuls and other magazine assist accessories? I've never had a problem at all pulling the magazines out of my FS2000. Just grab it like a cup of coffee, push up the release with your finger and pulllll. Plus the attachments make it that much longer and harder to handle as attested by viewing the above post!
Anyway, not criticizing, just see it as something that breaks up the clean lines of the gun...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Magpuls aren't for assisting you in removing the magazine from the weapon, but from a magazine pouch. If you've ever used a mag pouch on a vest, they can get in there pretty tight sometimes, and a little extra leverage is a good thing to have. It's kinda like those old knobs they put on tractor steering wheels. They may not be practical on your everyday driver, but they work wonders when running a tractor all day.

Zhur

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think the 40 round mag works better in the FS2k than the AR's..

Here is my 40 in my M4gery.

And then in the FS2K.

I totally agree that with the longer mag, it is no problem to remove it from the FS2k.. However, as pointed out, the magazine pouches tend to get pretty tight with two mags in them, so the pulls are nice there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
you know there is a point when you buy a larger and larger mag you might as well save money and buy a C-mag

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.