FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ammo collectors.

There is a fairly large group of people who like to buy all different types of ammo for a particular caliber, especially that stuff that isn't available anymore. Some buy the box then resell individual pieces to fill other peoples collections.

zhur

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I see ss195 for sale all the time. Sh*t my local gun store sells it for 25 a box, and I thought that was way to high.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
look at the quote on the bottom

FN manufacture, 5.7x28 cal ammo, SS195 LEAD FREE ammo. 50rounds per box. Limited supply. This is not the US made inferior ammo, this is the good stuff. Buy 10 boxes for $550.00. Limited supply.

I was under the impression all of the ss195 was made in Belgium. I got several boxes of ss195 L.F. lot # FNB05j97-007 sitting here. And I personally dont think the US made 5.7x28mm ammo (ss197) is inferior. Its good ammo, but I like the ss195 better. To me its just a better round, but other swear by ss197.

·
Administrator
11,698 Posts
The last case of SS195LF I bought was made in Belgium (I think only the SS197SR is made in the US) and I paid around $18.00 a box for it.

But there is a fool somewhere that will pay that price for it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
its sad the way some companies BS people, someone will actually buy this believing the hype and go to the range and tell his buddies he just bought this special ammo for $1/per round, when in reality there is nothing special about it and he could have gotten almost 2,000 rounds for a little bit more money, i hope they never sell a box of the stuff to anyone and they end up taking a loss.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is sad because isnt all of the ss195 L.F. made in belgium anyways? The worst part is they are being creative to sucker in people who dont know jack sh*t about the 5.7x28mm round. Like I mentioned before my local gun stores sells it for 15 a box, and the only reason I pay that much for it is for the following, the owner of the store helps me out with my firearms orders with little to no money down on my purchases as well as ordering other stuff that he isnt making any money off of, 2nd he is 3/4 of a mile away, and they are very friendly nice people with a good attitude when it comes to asking questions and calling venders and other stores for pricing. So that is the main reason I go to their store, but if i`m in a different area, and I find ss195 for 18 to 20 a box I jump on it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sorry, I was confused about what round you mentioned. I thought it was the now discontinued SS196LF, with the red tips. Those are hard to find, and people do pay top dollar for them for collecting purposes.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know when I 1st bought my ps-90 I had 400 rounds of ss196, but I shot it all off. I got it for 25 a box then, and I should of kept it. I only have one ss196 round left :(

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Sorry i did not catch this thread earlier and as some of you have figured out that the web site that is posted in the first thread are very well know scam artist , crooks and thieves. Ask me how I know! No matter what they promise and how good it may be you will loose $

Also be advised they also have a second name and website under the name of Florida Armory. Also check out the almost 40 complaints for Florida Gun Works at ripoffreport.com
http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchr...t2=Search!&q5=florida+gun+works&Search=Search

1 - 10 of 10 Posts