FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 5.7 ammo will ever be produced by companies other than FN? Could someone ask FNMAN in June this question? I'd love a 5.7 but ammo prices make it a hard buy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
has anyone had sight in problems here.ive moved my rear sight on my usg model so far to the right(second to last line)and so far up to compensate for its being off that im afraid the screw will come out.
its been sent back to factory and they sent it back w/target,whoo hoo.and just went to the range and had to move everything on the rear site so far to hit the target in the center that it looks like a screwed up gun.
dont get me wrong,i can hit all over a soda bottle at 100 yds now that ive changed it but when i started i was only shooting 15 yds and it was 4 inches low and 4 inches to the left,i am happy with the performance and it functions greatnow that ive moved the site a country mile.
seems like the rear site shoudnt be so high to hit.
if the front site were cut off an 1/8 inch it would seem better than lifting the rear site so much.
i hate to void any warranty by makeing the front site shorter,so whats up with this gun.i have never had a problem with any other quality guns that i shoot.
makes me want a scope like ive seen on here somewhere but that voided the warranty also,johnny9

·
Registered
75 Posts
johnny9 said:
johnny, you're new here so you might not know. If you have such questions you should start a new thread rather than jump into an existing thread and hijack it.

The pistol has sights meant to be used with a suppressor. The tall front sight lets you aim over the can. As far as being off, I doubt it. Seems to me in most cases the shooter is the problem. Low left groups are indicative of jerking the pistol, anticipating recoil, or yanking the trigger rather than squeezing it.

dtheman- I think your question has been asked of FNMAN, and he said there was some stuff in the works for new ammo sources. Right now, I think only Fiocchi and FN make it. What most remarkable is while other ammo prices have risen over the past few years, 5.7mm has been about the same. It costs me about the same for .45ACP now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sorry i didnt ghange the topic(not to computer savy)
if it were me jerking the trigger, then when i moved the site 1/8 inch to the right and up to its highest point to get (me on target)i can shoot an awesome group now at any range,even 100 yds is great.
not downing the gun at all,it just looks funny and out of wack.i have never had these things happin w/the other 12 pistolas i have.i was just curious.ill fire another 100 rnds this weekend. i even cleaned it between 5-10 shots for the first 100 rnds yesterday.john.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i was useing the bench as a rest when i was sighting in,not a sand bag tho.
just didnt make sense to me to have to move the sights like i did.
i honestly think i shot better at 100 yds than i did at 15?the gun is great,i can see that it will become my favorite,and when i get a ps90 hopefully it will be also.now that ive ventured into the plastic gun thing i think im hooked.i carry a seecamp daily for 13 yrs,finally got the 380 last yr and its by far a true pocket gun and i will treasure it forever.
but i do find myself carrying the 5.7 everywhere in my truck so it will be here to stay also.
i guess if i get sick of lookin at the crooked sight ive adjusted to perfection i will look into voiding the warranty and mill it down for the buris scope that someone else on this forum did.
it did look realy good and will still fit in my serpa holster,john.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts