FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is FN the only one making 5.7 ammo? I would think with the sales of the PS90 and Handgun we should be able to buy from other Ammo Mfg. too. The guns been out long enough that should show value for other to do this caliber.

Or maybe I'm missing something.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
two cents

the fact that its proprietary might have a bearing on it, and the cost to tool up for a cartridge that has no existing family of brass might make it an un appealing investment. I'd hope for some brass, from say Starline or whom ever. That would take a substantial order to get their attention and actually get a run.
There was noise a while back about Fiocchi , but you can be sure it'll have to be some entity that can produce both the special projo and the brass Hornaday might be worth a burnt offering , but who ever does it I sure hope they strengthen the primer pocket area. I had to make my shell Plate so tight that the slightest head expantion made it hard to insert, but it also gave me another check on the case condition. A good thing I guess, babbled long enough, back to the lathe an the trap door bbl...

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Muzzel said:
Why is FN the only one making 5.7 ammo? I would think with the sales of the PS90 and Handgun we should be able to buy from other Ammo Mfg. too. The guns been out long enough that should show value for other to do this caliber.

Or maybe I'm missing something.....
Its in the works that other companies are going to make the 5.7 ammo. I think there was a thread about it actually.....ill look for it.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Winchester use to make SS190 and SS192 back in the day but the don't anymore
Fiocchi currently makes blue/white box SS197
Federal will be making some soon (check FNH announcemts forum for the thread)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts