FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm calling around looking to buy my PS90 and I come across a dealer that said 5.7 is being discontinued for civilian use. He said he was just being up front and honest and wanted to let me know what was happening. He said he’d still sell me the gun and some ammo if I wanted, but just wanted to let me know what’s goin’ on. He says this is coming from the BATF.

I’m really new with PS90’s and everything that goes along with them. Is this guy full of it? Has anyone else heard anything like this? I really want a PS90, but not if the ammo is going to dry up and disappear.

What’s the deal????

***********Update***********

Since I haven't recieved a reply to the emails I sent the BATF, I called them this morning. After some office tag, I finally got ahold of someone who was able to help me. He looked the ammunition up for a few minutes and explained to me what everyone already knows - there's the AP that's already banned, but nothing else. He also said he knew nothing about a pending ban on 5.7 as a whole - no memos, rumors or anything. So, everything is cool. Sorry to have caused any problems. Now I'm off to order my PS90. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I went over the the BATF website and didn't see anything about it, but no surprise there. I did send an email the their general questions email ([email protected]) and asked if 5.7 is being discontinued for civilian use. Now I wait and see if I ever get an answer......

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
That is news to me - FN is supposed to be releasing bolt action 5.7 rifles soon. So, I am apt to not believe this...

·
Registered
636 Posts
I doubt it since more of these are being sold evey month. Look companys like to make money and the 5.7 is making lots of cash for FHN plus it is not like it was ever going to be for civilian use in the first place but now they put money into R&D and released it. Just for civilians! I tell you what it is these guys at gun shops are like old women with there STORIES :!: dont sweat it man go buy one.Then there will be one more guy to sell parts and ammo to Ya know :!: :roll:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
qbit said:
Since I haven't recieved a reply to the emails I sent the BATF, I called them this morning. After some office tag, I finally got ahold of someone who was able to help me. He looked the ammunition up for a few minutes and explained to me what everyone already knows - there's the AP that's already banned, but nothing else. He also said he knew nothing about a pending ban on 5.7 as a whole - no memos, rumors or anything. So, everything is cool. Sorry to have caused any problems. Now I'm off to order my PS90. :D
Thanks for the update - appreciate the followup!

·
Registered
43 Posts
My dealer trys to pull this on me all the time. He's just trying to get you to buy the gun right now because you may not be able to get it tomorrow. HURRY! :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I kinda took his post another way - the dealer was giving him the warning (in his opinion) that if he boughtthe gun, he may get stuck in the future and not be able to find ammo later.

oh, well, at least its just a hoax :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
If FN quit making the ammo they would have a lawsuit on there hands. The only way new 5.7's and PS90's will get banned is if we get another weapons ban. If that happens we will be grandfathered and ammo will still be avail. Just stock up on mags incase. I cant imagine how much a 50rd P90 mag will go for?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts