FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor I've been hearing online is that there will be a bolt action 5.7 rifle later this year.

I can't remember if it's been discussed on this site already. But, I thought it warranted a mention in the "FN News" section :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was thinking it would be a great round in my CZ 527 Carbine.

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in thinking this would be a great little bolt gun cartridge, and would broaden the availability of the 5.7X28 simply because of the lower cost of the weapon itself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well this topic is the main reason I registered. Not only for the 5.7, but for the possibility of a reliable repeater for the 17 Velociraptor (Wldcatted from 5.7x28 brass)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it seems that it is a long time in coming - It may not be out until the next shot show...

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK. I just read (on another FN forum) that the 5.7 bolt action (M-70 ultra short action) was "supposed" to have come out this year (2007) but due to union issues with USRAC and the closing of the New Haven CT. plant, it will be 2008 before we might hope to see FN come out with it. At least that will give me time to squirrel away a few dimes and quarters for that purchase. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Five Seven Forum.

Apparently some of these folks have friends in low places at FN. :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info.

FYI - One of the forum rules here is that you can't link to other FN fan sites. Sorry. Long story on that one. But, just an FYI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wasn't going to....but you did ask. :D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
so my question is how much per rifle? what options will they have? when we`ll they be released? this might be the answer i been waiting on. I need a good coyote, fox, lawn beaver ( ground hog), and small game rifle. My remington 700 LTR .308 isnt going to be the best for all my hunting needs.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
so my question is how much per rifle? what options will they have? when we`ll they be released? this might be the answer i been waiting on. I need a good coyote, fox, lawn beaver ( ground hog), and small game rifle. My remington 700 LTR .308 isnt going to be the best for all my hunting needs.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, FN will be participating in the site soon - so, that's one of the first few questions to ask them. I think 2008 is the soonest we'll see these...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, FN will be participating in the site soon - so, that's one of the first few questions to ask them. I think 2008 is the soonest we'll see these...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i noticed the site is having issues i get a error code then i got to put my pass word and name back in and then it double posts my comments today

also i cant wait for it to come out i need a good varmint gun :?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
workingman1976 said:
i noticed the site is having issues i get a error code then i got to put my pass word and name back in and then it double posts my comments today

also i cant wait for it to come out i need a good varmint gun :?
I got that too, earlier. I think it was a server problem. It happened to me too. But, it seems to have gone away.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts