FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my first outing with my new 5 7. See my range report in a separate post. I got out my cleaning supplies and was already to clean up the 5 7. But when I broke it down, there was nothing to clean?

I fired 200 rounds, 150 rounds of the AE 40 gr ammo and 50 rounds of SS198LF, and it is as clean as when I started!!!???

The first thing I did when I received the gun a few days ago was break it down and give it a nice deep cleaning. After 200 rounds it looks exactly as it did right after I cleaned it. If I shoot 200 rounds through any of my other guns, or any of the dozens of guns I have owned over the past 25 years, they are always filthy. Not the 5 7. I could eat off of it.

Anyone else notice this? Do they just use very clean burning propellants for this ammo or something? I know it is all loaded by Fiocchi. I have shot Fioochi in many other calibers and I never found it to be particularly clean burning ammo.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ya I think the 5-7 is one of the more premium calibers. I have 9mm 45 and 380 and it's fiocchi but made in Czech Republic. It is a clean gun tho you won't have to put a lot of work into it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've gone through about 500 rounds(200 AE and 300 FN blue tip) without a single cleaning. I've literally never cleaned the thing. By far the cleanest gun I've ever had or seen. I've heard that the AE ammo will dirty it up pretty well but I haven't had any problems so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Slap a suppressor on that bad boy and see how clean it is when you're done :biggrin:

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts