FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get some of the dummy rounds that FN has in their catalog? I want to try some ball & dummy drills to help with my shooting skills (or lack there of). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
I think it was mentioned by someone at some point that one must order an entire case of them.

However - I have never seen them forsale.

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
I tried like CRAZY to find a good dummy round. I did manage to get some from Elite Ammunition...they put this "blue" type dye on it...but alas, it did not work. The case of the rounds just didn't quite glide the same as brass on brass...and it would not feed right in the magazine and the chamber....even AFTER the blue was clearly dry.

I didn't really want a round that "looked" exactly the same as live ammo...so I just gave up on the project.

FN DOES have a factory made dummy round...but either they are simply NOT available to civies or NOT currently in production.

I did hear that they were CHANGING the factory made dummy round to a different "marking" method...so perhaps we are in that ara between no longer making the old dummy round and haven't produced the new one.

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts