1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I read the post. It WAS a reload. So, I'm not personally concerned. As it was a reload - there are a number of possibilities that could have gone wrong with the round.

After I had a Glock blow up in 1995 when I used someone else's reloads. I NEVER use reloads.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, as soon as I saw the first pic. I thought it would probably be due to a reloading issue.

I wasn't raggin on the 5.7 in any way.

Just trying to stimulate some discussion.

·
Registered
980 Posts
It must have had a double charge. What extensive damage!
Looks like the slide bowed which broke the polymer frame and slide cover and even half unanchored the hammer group. I bet it was uncomfortable having the pistol open up right above his finger!

You know, That's the first broken 5.7 I've ever seen.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Shucks and other comments! He couldn't have done it w/a cheaper USG, he had to use a more rare & expensive IOM! :cry:
Tomac

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 5.7 is such a sensitive round!

There is a tiny difference between the minimum and maximum load. It is extremely easy to overpressure the pistol.

When reloading 5.7, you had better be damn sure your measurements are dead-on accurate for every round, or you end up with a shattered pistol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok I may be 1000000% wrong but there is another site that has a sponsor offering reloads. Can someone let me know if that is the type of reload we are talking about? thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts