FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well was at the end of day one of a class and mag spring broke and mags wouldn't seat. Oh well. Used a sig 229 for day two. Will call FN tomorrow to get a replacement.

However I clearly saw one thing, weak hand shooting only, it was exceptionally hard to drop the mag, again weak hand only., using trigger finger. Is there a way, or third party that makes a mag release for both sides so I can drop either side? Yes in know I can move it to one side or the other. I want both sides availability. Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called warranty and they wanted me to send the pistol in. Totally rude idiot. He placed me on terminal hold. Called back and got parts. She sent me out an updated button and spring. Should have it by the weekend.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Well that answers my question from my thread on maintenance. Looks like I should pick up some mag springs, and maybe change them out once a year or two.
Not needed. You only need to swap it out if you have the old style spring. :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Supposedly the original is plastic. The new one is metal. Also has a different button. Mine should be here Ina day or two and will take some pictures.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
The original spring is metal, the release button is plastic. New button is metal, and spring is a different design..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Supposedly the original is plastic. The new one is metal. Also has a different button. Mine should be here Ina day or two and will take some pictures.
I see. Cool, thanks.

I guess they felt there just was not enough plastic on the gun, and they had to get one more plastic part on that puppy. The spring was the obvious choice :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts