FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry I don't have pics of this, but a couple of days ago I was at the Kabul International Airport. There was a lot of VIPs moving around that day and I happened to encounter an off duty team of Spanish bodyguards.
Apparently civillians. Anyway, pretty much all military and security types stay armed at all times here. "Off duty" I have a Beretta M9.
These guys where also taking a break, each had a 5.7 USG and at least one spare mag. Mostly in forward angled belt holsters, but one guy had a shoulder rig.
General appearance: well, they looked like the bad guys from the first die hard movie :lol: .
Wasn't able to get ammo info from them, but do know they carry P90s when on duty.
Just thought ya'll find it interesting
Midwinter

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
That's kinda kewl. I guess as a civilian there, you'd want a gun with a lot of ammo in the mag, and if they are using P90s, the interchangability of ammo is pretty good.

Thanks for the story.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Belgian SF, DAS (Security Agents of the Army) use the P90 and 5,7. They are probably also active in Kabul, since there is a Belgian Coy based on the Airport.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts