FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FiveSeven USG pistol that I have shot about 2500 rounds through. It has been totally reliable until yesterday, when it had several failures to feed. After firing 4-5 rounds from a full magazine, the next round would nosedive under the barrel. This scenario continued for the next 2 magazines, then I used a different magazine and the problem ceased. Examining the offending mag, it looks and feels no different than the good mag. Spring tension feels good, but it doesn't seem to want to work anymore.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem with a magazine?

Maybe I should clean my pistol after so many rounds, huh? :D

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea it could be an issue due to the gun/mag being dirty, i put a very very thing coat of oil on the top of the mag and then wipe it clean so there is no left over residue.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Fred G Sanford said:
No cleaning for 2500 rounds? What do you expect! :lol:
Dirty gun always functions well! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the problem only occurs with one magazine, common sense would dictate that the problem is with the magazine, not the firearm.

Clean the magazine instead. If it still doesn't work, replace it. They're consumable items.

·
Registered
475 Posts
the reason i would clean the gun first, is you want to eliminate as many factors as you can before determining what it is thats causing the malfunction. chances are if dancetiger hasn't cleaned his firearm then the magazines haven't been cleaned either. i would say do a detail cleaning of the firearm and magazine(s) and see what happens after that. if that magazine still has problems then chuck it. also when you clean your firearm you should inspect it as well for broken/worn parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts