FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a PS90 in a bowling pin match? I was considering going to a local match put on by the FOP which has different classes for handguns, rifles/carbines, and shotguns. I'm curious as to whether the 5.7 has too much penetration, and will pass right through the pin without dragging it off of the table, or if the bullet will impart enough force to get the job done. I'm thinking that if the bullet will grab hold of the pin, there will be some fast times ahead for me due to the lack of recoil and very quick target acquisition. Other competitors I'm told pretty much rely on various AR .223 weapons, with the M4 being a favorite.

If you have any experience with pin matches and a 5.7, did you use the S195 or the SS197, or other load?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Nah, you shouldn't have a problem using a 5.7 on bowling pins. The 5.7 is the same diameter as the .223 anyway, so if the faster M4's knock them over, you know the PS90 will also.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Bowling pins are my fav reactive plinking target. PS90 & FN57 both will knock 'em down but not with much authority but then I've seen 5.56 SS109 zip right through them w/o the pin so much as wiggling.
Tomac

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Bowling pins are my fav reactive plinking target. PS90 & FN57 both will knock 'em down but not with much authority but then I've seen SS109 zip right through them w/o the pin so much as wiggling.
Tomac
That's not good, The best way I can think of is to maybe blunt the nose on some 107 by filing the tip down to only remove as little weight as needed. Or open the hollow point cavity up more so it will grab more pin and or expand as it enters the pin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts