FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any chance that FN will produce a bolt action sporter rifle? I'd like to have something along the line of an Anschutz 1700 bolt rifle for coyote control.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
There has been mention before of a 5.7 bolt action rifle bveing released in 2008.

FN Man prev answered this:

Q3:What future weapons platforms do you have planned for the 5.7 round?
A: 5.7 Boltgun based on a ultra short Model 70 action--April 2008

·
Registered
12 Posts
ShipWreck said:
There has been mention before of a 5.7 bolt action rifle bveing released in 2008.

FN Man prev answered this:

Q3:What future weapons platforms do you have planned for the 5.7 round?
A: 5.7 Boltgun based on a ultra short Model 70 action--April 2008
The last set of Q&A closed before I saw this on the Shooting Industry web site
"The PBR (Patrol Bolt Rifle) lineup now includes the PBR-USA Ultra Short Action. Chambered for .223 Rem, the rifle has a forged machined steel receiver and 20" Mil-Spec match-grade, hammer-forged steel barrel. The FN/Hogue Ultra-Short Action synthetic stock is available in Olive Drab and Matte Black."
No mention of a 5.7 bolt gun. :cry:

Wonder how hard it would be to offer an option to use the PS90 magazine on a bolt action - under the forgrip area. Hmmmmmm
Put that on a break down action and you'd have one heck of a backpacking varminter. Butthen I'm one who'd like to see the old AR-5 brought back as a 5.7 arm. (Hint, hint :D)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I am sure that it will eventually be released... It's been talked about for along time.

However - I do not ever see a bolt action being made with the PS90 mag....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Shipwreck or FnMan. If and when the 5.7 PBR goes into production is there any chance we could get in on a preorder for the first production run? And a projected MSRP would make saving up for that much easier.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Vibe said:
Shipwreck or FnMan. If and when the 5.7 PBR goes into production is there any chance we could get in on a preorder for the first production run? And a projected MSRP would make saving up for that much easier.
Well, that's not up to us here at the FN Forum... And, I kinda think it would be doubtful, but it doesn't hurt to ask, I suppose...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts