FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
To start with, I want to see the real data. I hate seeing stuff like this without any data associated with it. Groups, like the ATF, trot out these papers and make their claims about crap. But they never actually show the real data. Where is the data? 2005 to 2007, it rained 200% more times than between 2003 to 2004. Blah, blah.

And it says these were seized headed to Mexico? What? OK. So these people were leaving, and we seized them? Sure, they were most likely drug runners. But let them leave, stop them from coming back is the key.

Second, when will we figure out that 'drug crime' is a problem we are making for ourselves. Just like banning guns. Or banning alcohol. Banning drugs doesn't WORK! And the joke of using a damn schedule system to take our rights away to vote on this stuff, drives me nuts!

Legalize it, tax it, and let the idiots that are going to do it pay us to do it. Oh and perhaps take that untold billions of dollars we are spending on fighting drugs to good use. Like, I don't know, education, or perhaps repaying the debt we have incurred.

Understand, I have never used drugs nor would I. But just like I don't feel someone has the right to say I can't own guns, what gives me the right to say they can't do drugs? As long as I don't hurt someone and they don't hurt someone. Aren't we just law abiding citizens doing what we want? Be it pot, whiskey or cocaine, it is all a drug. It is really hypocritical to say one is bad but the other isn't. Arg!

Sorry, rant over.

FM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Colts WR Marvin Harrison was involved in a shooting in Phili and his gun was described in the news as a "rare pistol that shoots through armor". I knew it had to be our beloved five seveN.
The police have his gun and it had 5 rounds shot out of it, 3 hit a guy.
No one is talking about who pulled the trigger, but it's Marvin Harrison's five seveN.

Not that Marvin Harrison is a drug dealer, but it was just more bad press.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So.. tell me this.. is the 5.7 as common as the 9mm or the .45ACP?, or the .38 for that matter? No.. it's not. It's media hype, and anyone that knows the difference won't be bothered by the "high powered pistol cartridge" bullshit.

The problem that arises from that is the people that don't know the difference are the same people they are counting on voting against guns in the first place. Start talking.. start telling people the truth. Start writing your senators and congressmen with the facts. Please for the love of God, don't let them demonize something that all the people that are in the know call "nothing more than a .22 Mag" for Christ's sake!!

Ohhh how the tables are turning!!!

zhur

·
Banned
93 Posts
Criminals will use whatever is availible to hurt people if they want to. It can be a rifle, shotgun, expensive 5.7x28mm handgun or simply a butchers knife. How do you think they kill each other in prison? It isn't with firearms.

·
Administrator
12,118 Posts
I just saw a program on History Channel about the Hells Angle's and it appears that the FiveseveN has become a favorite of theirs as well.

Now, what would all these bad guys want with a suped up .22 magnum?? :eek:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
I just saw a program on History Channel about the Hells Angle's and it appears that the FiveseveN has become a favorite of theirs as well.

Now, what would all these bad guys want with a suped up .22 magnum?? :eek:
They got them because of an FN Promo that was once offered :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
fathermorpheus said:
...clip....

Sorry, rant over.

FM
I agree to a point, but here's my solution. Let us have the easy, unregulated access these guys have and let the chips fall where they may... For too long, law abiding citizens have been victimized without recourse to those that prevent us from defnding ourselves properly. "locks keep honest people honest" adage holds true in this case. Let's put it this way, if someone said you can't wear a jacket at work and you died of pneumonia, wouldn't you be allowed to sue to the full extent and win? So, why could we do the same? I understand the government official mumbo jumbo, so I just ranting....

·
Registered
408 Posts
NillaIce said:
Let's put it this way, if someone said you can't wear a jacket at work and you died of pneumonia, wouldn't you be allowed to sue to the full extent and win?
Um... if you died... um... well, I guess Madam Cleo could be your attorney.

Zhur

1 - 11 of 11 Posts