FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Dies, and plenty of Brass but where the Hell do i find Primers and actual Bullets (Projectiles) so i can reload?
i have been looking for EVER!! and cannot find them anywhere!

please help me!!! i could use Links/websites ANYTHING!!! please, Please help!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those V-max (224 Dia) 40gr Bullets will work for the 5.7??

·
Registered
641 Posts
Bullets for .223 will work for 5.7. Stick to lower grain pills for standard rounds and if you're interested in experimenting with subsonic you can start looking at the 60/62 grain stuff.

Primers are standard small rifle.

Yes, those V-max (224 Dia) 40gr bullets are pretty much the same as whats loaded in SS197

·
Registered
208 Posts
Those are what I normally use. Also elite ammunition has pulled bullets for the 5.7 like $14/100. I haven't tried those yet, but they're pretty standard with just some cosmetic blemishes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SWEET!! thanks for the clarification on that!!! i have a Suppressor for my P90 (in mid stages of Form 1 approval)
so i will soon want to do Subsonic!!!

Bullets for .223 will work for 5.7. Stick to lower grain pills for standard rounds and if you're interested in experimenting with subsonic you can start looking at the 60/62 grain stuff.

Primers are standard small rifle.

Yes, those V-max (224 Dia) 40gr bullets are pretty much the same as whats loaded in SS197

·
Administrator
12,041 Posts
You can use anything from a 27gr to a 55gr projectile. The 55 grain are usually used for subsonics, and FN uses the Sierra Game Kings for the SB193. Careful here with powder. Subs take such a short charge that it can create problems when firing them. If you want to use a heavier bullet than a 55grain, get an AR15 or .223 for these loads.

The Hornady V Max in 40 grain is what is used in the SS197 loads. They get the special blue polymer tip and we usually get the orange or red polymer tip. They are all the same.

The 36gr Varmint Grenades are also another favorite. The recommended powder for the 5.7X28 is True Blue if you can find it but there is lots of load data out there that uses other powders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts