FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
AR 57

Your link didn't work for me right now, but I assume you are referring to the AR 57 upper.

I stumbled across one of the AR 57 uppers at the same Class 3 dealer that lured me into buying a PS90 in the first place. That guy is always getting me into trouble! (www.BigSkyGuns.com if you're interested. Good guy and NO relation to me)

I've only shot it once so far, but it performed nicely and seems to be well made.

That said, if you have a PS90, I don't see the point of this upper (even though I bought one!). It's longer and heavier than the PS90 and shooting the same round at the same speed. Given my choice between the two, I'd carry the PS90.

If you don't have a PS90 and have an AR lower laying around, it's a very cool way to play with the 5.7 X 28 round. I was pleased with the overall quality of the piece. It looks good and works well.

Initially, I stuck an Eotech on it for testing, but may not leave it at that. Also, an AR carry handle will not work on the AR 57 - it's too long.

My only complaint is that the charging handle is only on the right side of the receiver, inconvenient for the 97% of us who are righthanded. I can't see any way to make an ambidextrous charging handle, though.

Cutting the barrel down just past the Picatinny rails would make a nice SBR.

taudo
in the wilds of Montana

·
Registered
39 Posts
You don't have to cut the barrel as the upper comes in four barrel lengths/styles -16", 16" fluted, 11" SBR and 6" with suppressor attached. Barrel just screws out of rceiver. Oh yea you can use different flash hiders. Just nice to have. By the way if you put it on an A2 stocked lower you have to get the longer buffer. Mine came with carbine buffer so I am waiting for them to ship my long buffer tomorrow. :shock:

Bruce

·
Registered
39 Posts
I do not know the availability of the other parts but give them a call at Tel (425) 882-1161. You have to poke around on their site to find the options.

Bruce

·
Registered
857 Posts
says product no longer available.
I just don't see the point of it any way.
If you want an AR style weapon, get an AR
if you like 5.7 with 50 rounds, get a PS90

I think the PS90 is a better weapon then an AR - it's more ergonomic and easier to clean.

·
Registered
39 Posts
wlcohen said:
says product no longer available.
I just don't see the point of it any way.
If you want an AR style weapon, get an AR
if you like 5.7 with 50 rounds, get a PS90
Checked with 57center today about other business and asked about their options and was told all options are available and have not been discontinued. :?

Bruce

·
Registered
21 Posts
I want an AR57 upper to put on my M-16 lower for full-auto fun. I also have the PS90 & USG, so it is just another option to shoot this neat caliber.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts