FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a case failure today in my PS90. The neck remained in the chamber while the rest of the case was ejected. The following round then stuck out of the chamber about 1/4 of an inch. The neck came out of the chamber easy enough then everything was fine. Has there been any other failures like this? This was the 197SR cartridge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ie

I had this happen to me with my FiveseveN but with a reload once and I keep the case on my bench to remind me to properly trim and size my cases but never heard of it with a new round

·
Vendor
5,652 Posts
:) Welcome to the site!

I have never seen that befor. As Shawn said.... Was that a reload? If not... You should e-mail FN-USA to notify them. Also give them the lot # of the ammo. It might just be a freak 1 in a billion thing but it does'nt hurt to let them know about it. :?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Case failure

Yep, it was brand spankin' new, fresh out of the box. I'll email FN and let you know what they say

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I contacted FN and Bob Ailes asked me to call him. He said that they think there was some ammo which was manufactured with the wall thickness too thin. He said that they thought they caught it in time before any of it got out, but evidently, at least one round got past them. He asked me to return what I have left in the case and they would send me a full case to replace it. I'm very impressed with their customer service. After I first purchased my PS90, I had trouble with 2 of my magazines feeding properly. The round would not rotate a complete 90 degrees, but would stick in the mag at about 45 degrees. They quickly sent me 2 new magazines and all has been well since.

·
Vendor
5,652 Posts
What was the lot #? We need to post it here (on a sticky) so we all can look out for it.
I had a bad lot # over a year and a 1/2 ago.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I should have thought to do that first.javascript:emoticon(':oops:') The lot number is: C619669016.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really must brag on the great customer service at FN. I received a brand new full case of ammo in return for my partial case. In addition to that, they sent me two 50 round PS90 mags, and one 30 round FS2000 mag. :?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really must brag on the great customer service at FN. I received a brand new full case of ammo in return for my partial case. In addition to that, they sent me two 50 round PS90 mags, and one 30 round FS2000 mag. :?
Not bad!

Really, the magazines probably cost $5 for them to make... so throwin in a couple... to you and me is freakin cool! To them, it's a few pennies.

Still good on them! That's an excellent response by FN!

(Now if I could get Springfield Armory to show me some love... I should get my EMP back from them tomorrow... after the SECOND time back to them!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts