FN Herstal Firearms banner

3081 - 3100 of 3107 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
What's the deal with PSA these days? They have been out of 5.7x28 for over five months now. Does Federal and FN only make the 5.7x28 in batches certain times of the year?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
What's the deal with PSA these days? They have been out of 5.7x28 for over five months now. Does Federal and FN only make the 5.7x28 in batches certain times of the year?
Neither FN SS197 (Blue Tip) or Federal American Eagle are manufactured by those companies.

Both of those loadings are manufactured by Fiocchi using brass supplied by FN.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I Haven't been on here for a while but I was planning on selling some of what I have, I spent too much time behind a jackhammer my last job and had some time off work...is it ok to mention that here or elsewhere? Pretty sure I have sold/bought here before But I'm not positive. LF 195 , and maybe 198 but unsure about ups shipping that since it says "le only "

·
Registered
225 Posts
yeah man I'm sorry, as I said, I ****ed myself up so I apologize, If I didn't, You think I want to sell this right now? I ACTUALLY was asking for help, my heads a bit foggy, no sleep for days...as I said not quite there but I'm pretty sure I can fold a box

·
Registered
895 Posts
yeah man I'm sorry, as I said, I ****ed myself up so I apologize, If I didn't, You think I want to sell this right now? I ACTUALLY was asking for help, my heads a bit foggy, no sleep for days...as I said not quite there but I'm pretty sure I can fold a box
There is a for sale section where you can start a new thread where you can list what you are looking to get rid of, and how much you are looking to get for it. Shipping either the 195 or 198 is not a problem via ground service. Just need to put the "hazardous" diamond shaped sticker on the outside of the box. UPS does not need to know whats inside. I usually wrap the individual boxes in some type of plastic wrap as they tend to break apart when bouncing around during shipment. I am not sure what the market is for either of those rounds at the moment, but if you look around there are some sources with it in stock, so price would need to be competitive with what others are selling it for. Personally if you do not need the $ I would hold on to it until there is another ammo shortage. Not sure the democrats holding just the house will do it, but 2020 things could go further down hill in Washington. If that happens prices will likely go up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Having been watching the trends for approximately eight years, it appears that Fiocchi runs batches for Federal and FN seasonally. It seems like they run batches in the spring and then the fall. Likewise, it appears FN runs SS198LF twice a year and/or when they get large orders from countries for their military. Since militaries and LE have been tending to reject the 5.7 it appears there are fewer runs. But when it runs it does not always rain because the orders are often so large there is none to spare for the civilian market. Also, the 5.7 has been on a hit list all by itself as people in DC have been seeking every year to make it illegal. Add to this the fellow in Arizona who was charged with either making and/or selling armor piercing ammo that showed up in the fiasco in Las Vegas which was NEVER PROPERLY OR FULLY INVESTIGATED and that was enough to convince me it is best NOT to pass on any ammo except between responsible friends. While I buy when I can, I no longer sell. I miss the days of $15 a box FN ammo; nevertheless, ammo is readily available on the shelves.

·
Registered
568 Posts
They seem to always have 13 bricks of SS198SR in stock, even after I buy some :)

100% recommend SG ammo. Cheapest shipping gets it here in 2 business days every time. My only thing is I make sure to ask them not to put tape on the ammo boxes. Sometimes the bricks do and sometimes don't come in plastic wrap, and when they don't and they tape the cases the whole finish comes off with the tape. Some strong tape they use! Since my first SG ammo order back in January I buy every single cartridge there

·
Registered
568 Posts
BACK IN STOCK!!!
Better hurry....
B
Out of stock

That's a great price though. SGAmmo usually has the cases and they do now but it's $40 more /500

3081 - 3100 of 3107 Posts