FN Herstal Firearms banner

3101 - 3120 of 3133 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
A friendly note that it looks like Vanguard Outfitters as of this moment has the 5.7x28 Black Fang Obsidian Dragon ammunition currently in stock. My PSA: Don't be a dick and buy more than you need in times like this where ammunition is back ordered around 10 months. Allow others to buy some for themselves.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The following link should update itself automatically, based upon user-submitted links to deals on 5.7x28 ammo:

Moderators note: This post was copied to this thread. The reason it is the first post is because of the date stamp.
Wow I got lucky I found a shop near by who is selling SS197 for 38 a box. They only let me get 2 boxes a day, but I been in there daily. It’s more then I used to pay, but less then current prices. Hopefully I can scoop up the rest of it by the weekend. As much as I love shooting my PS90 SBR I been keeping the 197s as back up ammo to my 1400 rounds of 198. I have stored. I only wish I purchased more 198’s and 197 months ago when the price was around 32 for 198’s and 25 to 30 for 197’s

·
Registered
6 Posts
Small world. I'm a Patreon of Buffman. Love the channel and keep up the great work. And workingman1976, keep up getting that SS197SR for less than $1.00 a cartridge. That's a deal. I've accumulated some over the past few months and it's at least doubled in price with the demand. If anybody is interested I've been monitoring Black Fang Obsidian Dragon ammo and it regularly becomes available. Based on what I have seen from Buffman it's one of the highest performing 5.7x28 cartridges out there. I'm reluctant to blast it out here regularly out of fear people are flipping it on Gunbroker which does happen. V57 Prime hasn't been available at all in months which I've been waiting to purchase.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Small world. I'm a Patreon of Buffman. Love the channel and keep up the great work. And workingman1976, keep up getting that SS197SR for less than $1.00 a cartridge. That's a deal. I've accumulated some over the past few months and it's at least doubled in price with the demand. If anybody is interested I've been monitoring Black Fang Obsidian Dragon ammo and it regularly becomes available. Based on what I have seen from Buffman it's one of the highest performing 5.7x28 cartridges out there. I'm reluctant to blast it out here regularly out of fear people are flipping it on Gunbroker which does happen. V57 Prime hasn't been available at all in months which I've been waiting to purchase.
I think the V57 prime has been gone for some time hasn't it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the V57 prime has been gone for some time hasn't it?
It hasn't been available for quite some time but I figured it was due to COVID-19. If you mean it may have been discontinued I don't know. When I had emailed Vanguard Outfitters a few months back about the availability of both V57 Prime and Black Fang they didn't say anything about it being discontinued. There is still a listing of the product on their website and says the standard Contact Us For Availability which is standard as their out of stock message. I just remember your video that showed the V57 Prime meeting the FBI Test Protocol with the ballistics gel perfectly.

·
Administrator
12,018 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Tula if used in the proper platform. I myself have use it in my Romanian AK with no issues. I would not recommend it being used in other firearms though.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
if your going to call TulAmmo ammo a good deal
1603036836183.gif

May I suggest a name for this new thread? Ammunition for all the Cheap Fu*ckers!
so you’re saying friends don’t let friends shoot junk?

I actually shoot some Tula 5.56 and never had any issues with it but it’s more for just shooting stuff and not target shooting.

3101 - 3120 of 3133 Posts