FN Herstal Firearms banner

3121 - 3133 of 3133 Posts

·
Administrator
12,018 Posts
I did not say its cheap sh!t. My personal experience is that former Soviet and satellite countries built some damn hard to screw up firearms, unlike what Western countries rely on. I can feed my Romanina AK any ammo and it will work. I can not say the same for most of my non Soviet type firearms.

We, the USA build some damn expensive military weapons including jets. But if you fart in one, it will probably fail. Not so with a Mig 29. The engine can swallow a monkey wrench and still fly. Not so with anything the US flys.

Tula cost less and feeds fine in firearms it was made to fire in. I have FN firearms that can't even feed with top if the line western made ammo.

To each their own. I buy ammo that I can rely on and Tula is very reliable for my AK. I would not let it near my SCAR, FS2K, A5MXP, or other platforms because its a failure waiting to happen.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I search all the local sporting goods stores Almost daily. I find 5.7 about every other week. Be patient and keep looking. Have your friends keep an eye out for you. Don’t pay the stupid prices. Don’t make the price gougers Rich.

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
Eighty dollars a box... Wtf! Man, shooting has become the new "rich mans drug" glad to see its back around but damn!
They need to re-film that old Grey Poupon commercial:

Rich F**k #1: Pardon me, would you have any 5.7?
Rich F**k #2: But, of course.

·
Administrator
12,018 Posts
I just sold 500 rounds of SS198 to somebody. I told him I would not sell because prices were outrageous, supply was very limited, I could not afford to replace it at current prices, and I did not want to take advantage of anyone and I had a limited supply that I wanted to keep. He kept on bugging me and I finally relented when I realized he was not going to stop. I did not want to sell but he wanted it, badly.....

This ammo madness has to stop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just sold 500 rounds of SS198 to somebody. I told him I would not sell because prices were outrageous, supply was very limited, I could not afford to replace it at current prices, and I did not want to take advantage of anyone and I had a limited supply that I wanted to keep. He kept on bugging me and I finally relented when I realized he was not going to stop. I did not want to sell but he wanted it, badly.....

This ammo madness has to stop.
I finally got a friend to take the plunge and buy an FN. I didn't know he had bought it until he had already bought it, but I still feel bad that he bought a 5.7 and I haven't seen ammo for it anywhere. He's not looking for 500 rounds, just a box to shoot a few and make sure it works and have something to put in the mag. It's been difficult to find any ammo let alone 5.7. I've been trying to find him 1-2 boxes and he would be happy, but even finding that has become nearly impossible. If I had a 5.7 I'd sell him a couple just to get him going. Unfortunately, he has owned a gun for two months that at this point is just a really expensive, poorly designed hammer. :( Even the links on this post have either sold out or there is another error because it just says, "access denied". When I search SGA it doesn't even pullup 5.7. Am I doing something wrong?

3121 - 3133 of 3133 Posts